2.

I let myself into the institute through an open window in the entryway. If i turned up to Magnus's party in my hunting gear i'd be kicked out for sure, actually i wouldn't even get in. I could of just climbed up to my bedroom but since no one was home it seemed a rather pointless act. As i strode through the entryway the doors of the elevator creaked open. I didn't have enough time to get up the stairs before Isabelle spotted me.

"Anna?" She called out hesitantly as if convinced herself i was a figment of her imagination.

I groaned but turned around to face her anyways. At the sight of my face she pulled me into a tight hug, desperate to make sure i didn't disappear. I smiled lazily over to Alec as she reluctantly let me go.

"Why are they all muddy?" I asked noticing the two boys behind her were soaking the carpet in filth.

"Dragon demon," Alec spit out glaring over at Jace.

"Aren't they extinct?" I asked, trying to recall the information i'd been forced to memorise, but apparently hadn't suck in all to well.

"Mostly extinct," Jace replied. "But apparently that's not good enough for Alec."

I laughed at the venomous look Alec gave him. Though it was cut short when slide over to me Jace's.

Noticing the awkwardness that now suffocated the room spoke up. "Now I'm hungry," She said. "I wish Mom were here to cook us something,"

"Better that she isn't," Jace joked. "She'd already be shrieking about the rugs."

"You're right about that," A cool voice said. I looked past Jace to be meet the sight of Maryse standing in the doorway, arms crossed.

"Ooh your in trouble," I teased earning me a stern glare.

"Mom!" Isabelle shouted running over to give her mother a hug. Alec joined them attempting to hide his slight limp.

"Where's Dad?" Isabelle asked stepping back from her mother. "And Max?"

"Max is in his room. And your father, unfortunately, is still in Alicante. There was some business there that required his attention,"

Alec could sense the difference in her tone. "Is something wrong?"

"I could ask you that." She replied her tone dry, attempting to throw off his questioning. "Are you limping?"

Isabelle stepped in due to him being a horrible lier. "We had a run-in with a Dragonidae demon in the subway tunnels. But it was nothing."

"And i suppose the Greater Demon you fought last week, that was nothing too?" She remarked sternly glancing over all of us in disappointment.

"Why am i getting blamed for this?" I mumbled rolling my eyes.

This resulted in a pointed look for Maryse. The look told me she knew all about my activities while she had been gone, the look shut me up real quick.

"That wasn't planned for." Jace explained. Maryse meet his words with a hollow stare, she hadn't even said a word to him yet. "It was a mistake—"

"Jace!" Max yelled out squeezing his way around Mayrse darting into the room. "You're back! You're all back." He spun in a circle to grin up at all of us. "I thought i heard the elevator."