Hubris

Yes I do think this way, but only around midnight.

Identity

I am me, but she is who I am. In my world I am a goddess. Resting at the center of the universe, it all revolves around me. Everything happens at my will, I always decide how events turn out. I write my own story, nothing happens that I don't want to happen. Or so I tell myself. Self delusion is a sad thing, no? Yes, sad and dangerous. Very rarely am I ever her. Very rarely does she cross my mind. I am me, the ultimate player in the game of life. The main character in my story of adventure. But she, she is who I really am. Sophia, I've always known. A name, a title for myself on the outside. But, on the inside, I am not. She and I are two different people. I am me, and she, is merely my identity. A shell, someone you see and do not hear. 'Oh look, it's her,' 'she sits there in class,' nothing but a face. That is not me, I am on the inside, all that matters. Or so I tell myself. In my mind I stand above all, including her! We are separate, not the same. She is below me, anything that happens to her is inconsequential! Like everyone else, she is but a bug beneath my feet, and with but a step they can be crushed. So what if someone expresses distaste? It is nothing I don't want. Or, if it doesn't please me, I can change it. So is the nature of my story. Everything I want to happen, happens. And everything that happens, is what I want. But, sometimes, laying in bed deep at night, while writing my story. A flash, nothing more. But a flash is all it takes to realize. She is me. We are one and the same. All the hatred, all the disgust, everything directed at her, is for me. I do not stand above them, for she does not stand above them. I am not loved by them, for she is not loved by them. But the thoughts are quickly shut out of my mind, as I slip back into my chosen role. I resume writing my story, as I cast away my identity.