Chapter 21: Replicas' Link & Nicolas' Past

Comenzar desde el principio

Staying away from them might be the solution. I did not want them to get hurt because of me. I was going to ask the twins to place a protective barrier around the house, like they once did at the party. I did not know how that thing worked but I guessed that it should be similar to the spell Azra used to prevent Alexandro from entering the living room at my house.

"Done," Rain said at last, "I erased all of her memories of the entire day. I hope that it's okay with you?"

"Yeah, it's for the best," I told him and at the same time myself.

"Goody," Nova exclaimed, standing up, "One strong man brings her upstairs to my room. I'm going to change her clothes and remove the blood on her face." She walked to Cale and placed one hand on his shoulder. "Sweetheart, can you do it for me?"

Cale nodded and I stood away so that he was able to take my mom in his arms. He walked out of the living room and I thanked Nova. She smiled at me before planting a kiss on my cheek unexpectedly and then she left the room.

"Okay, now can someone explain to me what the hell happened?" Frederick questioned and he gave me an impatient look, "Luffy, you were supposed to be with Cloud but how is it that you came back here accompanied by Alexandro Vins and your unconscious mom?"

"I asked Cloud to return me home," I replied to him, "Isn't he here?"

"No," Rain replied, "I don't know how many times I called him already but he's not replying to his phone. I thought that he was maybe too busy with you but here you are without him."

I was slightly worried at that but I tried not to let the feeling of worry consumed me completely. Cloud was a big guy. I was sure that he was strong enough to protect himself in case of an eminent danger. Though, he dropped me off home hours ago, I thought that he would return at his place but guess not.

"I don't know where he went after he left me at my place," I told Rain and he seemed frustrated then. I quickly continued to talk, "Well, that girl, Azra, a witch who worked for the Vins apparently, she was at my house and my mom was tied to a chair, motionless. I fell unconscious after Azra hit me by surprise and when I woke up, I was tied to a chair too. Azra, s-she was going to kill my mom. She was going to kill her and I couldn't do anything about it, except from watching."

Frederick quickly came to me after my words and he hugged me tight. It was then that I realised that I was crying. After everything that happened, I was crying once again. It hurt so much. I was in pain.

"She almost died, Fred," I cried out loud in his arms, "She was going to die right in front of me and I could not do anything to protect her. This is all my fault."

"No, it's not your fault, little cousin," he tried to reassure me and I shook my head.

"It's because of me that she almost died. I know it. I brought the danger into her life," I told him.

"You have nothing to do with that," Alexandro protested and they all looked at him in surprise. "You did not choose to have an evil being trapped inside of you and Azra was torturing your mom to get me, not you. I was the one who was not fast enough to follow her order, so if your mom had to die today, it wouldn't be your fault. You are the last person to blame."

I knew that he was right but I could not stop myself from feeling guilty. True, I never wanted things to turn out this way but still, I had to take my responsibilities. I couldn't let the others continue to reassure me and let them deal with everything while I sat around doing nothing.

"I don't understand. What part did you play in that story?" Rain asked Alexandro.

"My dad is searching for me," he admitted, "He doesn't love the idea of me helping his enemies. Azra was sent to capture Luffy and she tried to get me at the same time. Luffy's mom was just trapped in the middle of all of this."