End Of Year

I own nothing! J.K.Rowling owns everything!

-----------------------------

Hermione's heart wrenched in her chest as she stepped off the Hogwarts Express and onto Platform 9¾ for potentially the last time. She was already emotional and upset from Dumbledore's funeral that happened earlier in the day, just add her pregnancy hormones and she was close to being a total wreck. After collecting her luggage, she turned to Harry, Ron and Ginny.

"I'll see you guys later, probably for your birthday, Harry." Hermione said to the others as she began to hug each of them. Ron leaned in to kiss her on the cheek but it made Hermione feel guilty. Ron was kind of expecting the two of them to get together, especially since their relationship had got better after he broke it off with Lavender, but Hermione just didn't think she'd be able to go through with it - especially when she was pregnant with Draco Malfoy's baby. Not only had he just tried to kill Dumbledore and ran off with the other Death-Eaters, but he also happens to be Ron's most hated enemy, so that really wouldn't go well.

"Bye Hermione. We'll keep in touch." Harry gave her a smile. If Hermione wasn't so emotional she would have rolled her eyes, she knew there was a very small probability of receiving more than one letter from Harry and Ron combined. Instead, she just nodded before apparating into the living room of her parents' house.

"Oh my word!" Moira announced as Hermione just seemed to appear with a pop, her luggage in her hands. She chuckled and shook her head slightly. "I don't think I'll ever get used to that, my dear." At the sight of her mum, Hermione broke down into tears knowing it was a safe place. Moira darted forward to cradle Hermione on the floor. "Hermione what's wrong?" Hermione replied with something but she was too hysterical for it to be anything other than gibberish. Moira froze with a thought. "Hermione weren't you pregnant?!" Moira panicked. "Oh darling, did you lose the baby?" Moira's eyes started to tear up, but fortunately Hermione shook her head.

"No. He's still kicking." She sniffed and seemed to calm down enough to take off her watch, which she always had on. Instantly, Hermione's enormous stomach and swollen ankles could be seen.

Moira gave Hermione a massive hug. "You must be nearing your due date." Hermione nodded. "If you feel anything, you have to let me know immediately." She paused. "How do you know he's a boy?"

"I don't know, maybe mother's intuition. But also it sounded nicer than calling the baby an 'it'." Hermione paused to think for a second. "Besides, on occasion 'he', 'his' or 'his have been used in female cases. I feel it's pretty multi-gender."

Moira laughed. "Of course. So how did Harry and Ron take it?" Hermione looked down at the ground and didn't answer. "You didn't tell them, did you?" Moira frowned at Hermione. "But isn't one of them the father? Hermione, they have a right to know." Hermione looked up at her mother with startled eyes.

"What?" Hermione chuckled. "No, neither of them is the father. And Harry's like my brother!"

It was Moira's turn to look confused. "But I thought you fancied Ron."

"He and I have been at odds since the beginning of November... But we made up after he was poisoned."

"Poisoned!?" Moira shrieked.

"Mum, calm down!" Hermione placed a hand on Moira's shoulder, as she thought up a calming lie. "Someone's potion accidentally spilled into Ron's glass of water that he had during Potions, and well the potion hadn't been completed and had some bad effects on Ron."

Moira seemed to calm down a bit. "So if neither is the father, who is?"

"Someone I should have never danced the tango with." Hermione muttered.

"Hermione, do I know him?"

"You know of him, but I'm not going to tell you who."

Moira narrowed her eyes at Hermione. "Hermione..." She warned.

"It's better this way. This way Dad has no way of killing the father, and my kid being raised fatherless."

"So the father does know?"

"No."

"Hermione Jean Granger-"

"Mum, I'm too tired and emotional to deal with this. It's been a trying day, we had Professor Dumbledore's funeral this morning."

"Professor Dumbledore is dead? Why weren't we informed?"

"You were." Hermione pointed to a forgotten unopened letter that lay on the coffee table.

"Oh." Moira flushed red. "How old was he?"

"115." Moira's eyes widened, but she said nothing else about it.

"Right, lets get you unpacked." She said instead, helping her up and ushering her up the stairs into Hermione's room.

---------------------------

Hermione's due date is coming up soon! How will the baby affect what happened in the Deathly Hallows? 

That was just a filler chapter so I'll start the next chapter immediately to keep yous happy.

Hope you enjoyed it!

Vote and Comment!