f i v e | n e p e n t h e

Start from the beginning

"We don't have anything planned," Marlowe stated nonchalantly.

"Adrianna?" Marlowe turned the spotlight to me. Wonderful.

"You see, I don't have anything planned, but I was thinking of wandering the strips and finding myself a job."

"What type of job are you looking for?" Talon voiced.

"Uh, I was thinking of a coffeeshop and surfshop." You also said you were going to look for a photography course at a college.

Oh yes!, the other voice said.

"What are you thinking about, beautiful?" Judah murmured for only me to hear. Oh wait, he just called me beautiful. Oh my lord! Yes, yes, yes!

What the hell is wrong with you? Damnit, that one voice just loves to kill me.

"Nothing," I said faintly, smiling lightly.

"That's pretty cool, Adrianna, I can come with if you'd want," Talon continued, flashing his white pearls.

"Sure," I chimed back, smiling cheekily.

"Why the fuck are you even going with her?" Phoenix asked, his voice full of venom. The frack did I do?

"Why the fuck do you have her under your arm?" Talon bit back. And the girl under his arm just sat there looking unfazed, staring at her nails.

"Adrianna, we could all go and then we can take you out for ice cream at the best ice cream parlour. Just not with Phoenix and his girlfriend," Talon looked back at me, not paying any mind attention to Phoenix. Well he's an asshole!, a voice snaps in my head.

"Oh no, no, no. You guys can do whatever it is you do. I'm fine by myself," I replied, shooting him a warm smile.

"Bullshit!" He practically yelled, "Just because Pyper's brother is being an asshole doesn't mean we're gonna side with him."

"Exactly!" Pyper praised him, narrowing her eyes at her brother.

"You don't even fucking know her," Phoenix responded, narrowing his eyes back.

"Oh please, for fucks sakes, we don't even know her!" Pyper yelled, pointing to Phoenix's girlfriend.

"She's a backstabbing bitch! And yet you still go out with her," Judah said, in a way too calm voice.

"Oh really, you want to go there," Phoenix raised an eyebrow, daring Judah.

"Adrianna's first day, and you're already looking to fuck her," Phoenix continued on in a sardonic voice. Oh hell to the fucking no.

"Your one to speak, dear Phoenix," my voice sounded sardonic, "At least I'm not fucking fake and caked with makeup."

"Excuse me," his girlfriend sassed and raised an eyebrow. Bitch, my eyebrows are hella neater.

"How much plastic surgery did you go through." I deadpanned. Hell, I didn't even ask. It was a fucking true statement and everyone knew it.