Defeat, Motivation, Success

Hinata sat on the steps of her compound, thinking about the fight. Naruto had won, it almost seemed impossible. Dead-last beating a prodigy. That's not how fate worked. Ever since she was little, it had been drilled into her mind, fate ruled and consequence was none existent. If you were a prodigy, you were destined to win; you were stronger. But even when she was little, she had known this fact was wrong. She may have believed it when she was a toddler, but not long after she met Naruto, she changed. He worked so hard to improve himself; to be stronger. He proved that hard work does beat talent.

She then heard foot steps come closer and closer. She dismissed it though, no one ever bothered with her. She looked at the moon and was in a daze.

"Nice night?" she heard a strict male voice say. She knew that voice and unintentionally stiffened. She twisted her body around and looked up to see her cousin. He looked brash and awkward. She wanted to smile, but years of hate from the boy caused her to stay still in fear. "Mind if I sit with you?" Hinata unconsciously moved over and hesitantly gestured to for him to sit. He had never been this calm with her in years. Always his despised her and she could just feel the hate rolling off of him when ever he was in the presence of her father, her or her sister. The air around him always seemed so suffocateing and filled with tension, whenever she was around him. But somehow the air was calm now and they just looked at the moon in silence.

"You know I thought you hated me" she said quietly and looked down a bit, she didn't even know where that came from. She didn't expect a reply but...

"I did." Neji replied still looking at the moon and Hinata shrunk a bit training her eyes on the stone beneath her"But I had no right to do so" she whipped her head towards him and just looked at him, he still stared at the moon "You had no control over whether or not you were born into the main branch, and I wrongfully accused you of it." Neji looked at her with the same indifferent stare as the rest of her clan, but Hinata could see the hidden apologetic look in his eye "Lady Hinata, I'm sorry" Hinata looked at him for a moment more, and they just stayed like that looking at eachother and then Hinata turned her head forward and looked at the ground with closed eyes, Neji still looked at her.

"Neji-nii-san..." she begun and opened her eyes and looked at the moon again with a soft smile on her lips "Thankyou" Before Neji could ask why another branch member came in. It was Ko.

"Lady Hinata. Neji-san." Ko said urgently. Hinata and Neji turned to look at him. "Konoha is under attack"

:3

Naruto and Garra rushed at eachother clashing punches and fists. Garra kicked, Naruto blocked. Naruto punched, Garra dodged. They were doing this at lightning speed and Sasuke couldn't keep up with their movements. He activated Sharingon and even then he could barley see what was happening. They were moving so fast.

The two Jinchurriki then flew off eachother and completely destroyed the deserted building. 

"Naruto!" Sasuke heard a familiar voice breathe. He looked behind him to see Sakura. He turned back to the battle.

"Naruto!" he yelled and then he felt the puppet users hand clamp around his mouth.

"Are you crazy or what!?" he hissed, Sasuke shoved the hand away and glared, Sharingon burning brightly. The sand shinobi took at step back. 

"Naruto!" Sasuke said again and then feral eyes met with his. He almost stopped breathing. but had to continue to speak "You're destroying everything dobe" he said nonchalantly and then Naruto's face turned from one to anger to one to regret and he looked around. Everything around him was a mess. Naruto's teeth went back to normal, and his whiskers died down. His eyes were blue with a red tint, and the aura of red died down but did not go away. "Dobe I'll help you. I beat this guy before." Sasuke said  Naruto looked at him.