Mother's Gift

~Skip to the preliminary round (Kiba and Naruto's fight to be exact)~

"Heh, I really lucked out! I got the kid! We are so gonna win, right Akamaru?" Kiba said and Akamaru barked in approval.

"Kiba? Oh I'm so gonna win this, ya know!" Naruto said with determination.

"Get em' Naruto!" Sakura said in encouragment. 

"Yeah loser, you'd better win so I can beat you up in the finals" Sasuke said. (since the curse mark isn't on him, he doesn't have to go get the sealing with Kakashi).

'Hm something must have changed them. They seem more...teamly.' Kakashi mused. Naruto walked into the battle area.

"This'll be easy. Right, Akamaru." Kiba asked and Akamaru barked in agreement.

"Hey two against one, no fair that MUST be against the rules! Ya know." Naruto accused and looked at the proctor.

"Nope *cough* ninja dogs count as tools *cough*" said the proctor.

"Aww man! Well who cares, I'm gonna be Hokage, ya know! And I can beat a dog and his mutt!" Naruto said.

"Hey what did you just call me!? Oh you're gonna get it!" Kiba said back.

"Ok then, start" the proctor said and jumped out of the way.

"Ok Akamaru I don't even think we'll need to work together to beat this guy." Kiba said running up and punching Naruto in the face. Naruto flew back and hit the wall. 

"N-Naruto!" Sakura said 'Is he still weak from the unsealing?' she asked herself worriedly.

"Sakura don't worry. Naruto always gets back up. See." Sasuke said and Sakura looked at the arena. Naruto was getting back up and he whipped the blood off his mouth. "No way he'd let that thing get in the way" he said to himself.

"Nice Kiba. You punch like a little kitten. Although, I don't mind cats." Naruto said with a smirk.

"Hey! What the hell! Akamaru let's go!" Kiba said and Naruto put his fingers in a cross. 

"Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!" He said and 20 Naruto's poofed into existence.

"No way! You could barley make one last I saw you!" Kiba said in awe. "Aw who cares their just illusions." The Naruto's ran towards Kiba and he just stood there not expecting to feel anything but then he felt a hit and flew back. 

Shikamaru, Shino and Neji raised a brow. Ino, Chouji and Lee all jaw dropped, Hinata grew more red and the Jonin, save for Kakashi were impressed.

"Those clones are solid?" Neji asked.

"Heh ever heard of Kage Bunshin, Hyuuga" Sasuke asked back.

"Watch it, Uchiha" Neji growled back and they got into a glaring contest.

"Woah, when did he learn that?" Ino asked

"Dunno, but pretty cool right pig"

"Shut it Forehead!"

"OK that caught me off gaurd, but I won't again" Kiba said and put his hands into a seal "Man-beast clone!" Akamaru barked and turned into Kiba and Kiba became more feral. "You're not the only one with a clone. Special Attack! Fang over Fang!" Kiba yelled out and he and Akamaru spun toward their blonde target. It hit and Naruto was down once again.

"Heh, Kakashi he's down. No one can get back up after Fang over Fang" Kureinei said with a smirk.

"Really?" Kakashi asked indifferently and Kureinai looked to see Naruto getting back up. "As Sasuke said before. Naruto never gives up."