Amanda ran a comb through her straight, fine, dark brown hair. She decided that instead of having to curl her hair, she would play to her strengths and go as Pocahontas, a princess deeply resembling her due to her tanned skin, slim physique, and straight dark hair. She wore a chiffon tan dress paired with a matching turquoise necklace and belt around her waist. Amanda was naturally gorgeous. She didn't need any makeup to cover flaws because to Willa, she didn't have any.

Willa subconsciously looked back to the mirror again. She raked her fingers through the mop on top of her head. Why couldn't her hair be shiny like Amanda's, or straight like all 3 girls possessed? Willa sighed and grabbed a thin black elastic to tie the bun at the back of her head. 'Maybe this is why philby doesn't want to marry me', she thought, 'he probably doesn't even want to date me.'

A voice ripped her from her thoughts. "Almost ready guys?" Asked Amanda, slipping her moccasins on her dainty feet.

"Yeah just about." Replied Willa. She swiped mascara over her eyelashes after applying a small bit of eyeshadow and eyeliner. She threw her reddish pink lipstick in her purse and made a mental note to apply it later as she slipped her sandals on her feet.

Glancing at Charlene, her stomach dropped. Next to her, with her super model legs and womanly curves, expertise in her sky high heels, and her perfectly applied face of makeup, Willa felt like a young child. She but her lip and followed the other girls out the door, nervousness eating her away.
--

It was time. Philby stood behind the glass, one way, where he could see Willa but she could not see him. He was a nervous wreck. He took a few sharp breaths and wiped his sweaty palms on his slacks. He stared at Willa, watching as dug her hand through the mess of curls that he had come to adore. Admired her as subconsciously bit her lip, a habit he had recently noticed and drove him wild. Watching his girlfriend do all the little things that she found unattractive eased the nervousness from his mind. He drew in a long breath.

"Let's do this." He muttered to himself.
--
Willa stared longingly at the empty seat across her at the table. She had told him 1:20. Where was he? Philby was never late, especially when it was to do something she had been so excited about, she acknowledged.

She let out a long breath. Finn kicked her under the table. She met eyes with him. "He'll be here." He mouthed. Willa nodded at his comment and curved her lips into a small, unsure smile. She sunk down slightly and rested her chin on her hand.

All of a sudden, Willa heard a familiar melody over the speakers in the restaurant. She popped her head up and looked around, but nothing was there.

"Tale as old as time
True as it can be"

Willa smiled to herself. This was her favourite song, as she had only confessed to one person in the world.

Philby. Suddenly, out of the corner of the room, the red headed boy she loved appeared, dressed as Prince Adam appeared. He strolled over to the table and extended his arm to her.

She raised her eyebrow at him but stood nevertheless. As she did so, table were pushed by staff members to the edges of the room, and chairs lined the walls as well. The middle of the floor was cleared.

Philby led her to the middle of the room.

"Barely even friends
Then somebody bends,
Unexpectedly"

Philby bowed and she curtsied back, still trying to process what was happening at the moment. Philby softly wrapped his arm around her waist and grabbed her hand with the other arm, leading her in a dance.

"Just a little change
Small to say the least
Both a little scared,
Neither one prepared
Beauty and the beast"

The two walked around the converted ballroom, Willa on her toes. Philby twirled her around and she giggled. This was one of the many reasons she loved philby. He was so spontaneous. He lifted her off her feet, did a small spin and placed her feet back down on the ground with a grin. Their toes glided across the floor, everyone scattered around the edges watching in awe. She wondered where philby had learned to dance like this.

"Tale as old as time,
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the beast"

As the song came to a close, philby placed his hand on the small of her back and dipped her, curls brushing the ground. As he stood her back up right, he backed away.

"I have an announcement to make" he proclaimed. 

'This is it.' he thought. He took one last glance at his friends, who all shot back thumbs up and cheeky smiles. He cleared his throat and turned back to his waiting girlfriend.

"Willa, ever since the first day I laid eyes on you at the dhi filming when I was 13, I knew you were the one for me. My going mind up to then still thought girls had cooties and should be avoided at all costs, but you changed all of that for me. I remember your smile and your deep chocolate brown eyes, full of wonder and mystery, the same eyes I see when I look at you now and the ones I want to see everyday for the rest of my life. We have been through so much together and along the way, developed an unbreakable bond. 12 years.  I have spent almost half my life with you and I never want it to stop. I want to see your beautiful face beside me when I wake up. I want to go on more adventures with you, travel the world, start a family. I love you Willa Angelo. To infinity and beyond. Would you do the honour of becoming mrs.Willa Philby?" He knelt down on one knee, and opened the little Box from his pocket.

Tears poured down Willa's cheeks. Philby had said a lot of sweet things over the course of their relationship but this topped it all. "Of course" she managed to squeak out.

Philby stood and slipped the ring on her finger. He picked Willa up by her waist and spun around in a circle, something you'd see right out of a disney movie. When he placed her back on the ground, she connected their lips in a short but passionate kiss.

Everyone watching clapped and cheered. Philby smoothed Willa's hair with his palm and wiped her tears with his thumb.  "I love you," he whispered, "I'll keep you safe."

Willa smiled and kissed philby again. 'How did I get so lucky?' She wondered. She, after that moment never doubted Philby's love for her again.

----------

Agajsakiswnsjwdfkdks. Philby is so adorable I can't even. Again I apologize for disappearing for a longtime. Thanks to whoever gave me the idea for an engagement one shot; it's been so long i don't even remember who it was. If it was you, don't hesitate to let me know and I'll dedicate the chapter to you!

Peace out kids,
Till next time:

~Kingdomkeeperwilby3