II

I hear my alarm go off the next day. I groan and turn it off.
How can someone get up so early and actually look nice? I mean c'mon!

I walk through the doors of the school and like always I take my sweet time. But this time it takes longer than usual because the Queen Bs of the school walk up to me.

"Oh look girls it's the freak. How's mommy and daddy and sweet lil sis? Oh right..they're dead."

"I would advise you stop right there Josie. You do NOT ever talk about my family like it's a joke you bitch." She stops laughing. They both do. "What'd you call me?"

"I called you a bitch. Deal with it." I did not expect a hand to come flying at me face. Damn this girl has an arm.

"Don't ever and I mean ever disrespect me again." She snarls.

"I'll do whatever the hell I want to bitch." Another hand. Then I'm pushed. And I'm on the ground. They kick me a couple times before they've had enough. I'm on the floor in the middle of the hall groaning in pain. I hear a pair of footsteps coming towards me and words being spoken to me.

"Hey. You alright?" The boy asks me.

"Y-yeah. I think so." I say

"I'm Blake. You want me take you to the nurse and call your parents?" He asks
I tense at the mention of my parents.

"M-my parents are uh dead." I say uncomfortably.

"O-oh I'm sorry. I-i don't know."
He says putting his head down in shame.
"No. No. It's fine. I thought you would've considering everyone knows." I told him chuckling.

"I didn't know. I'm new so I obviously don't know much. But I do know we have to you to the nurse." He says

"Yeah sure." It's silent for a couple minutes then I realized I never told him my name.

"Oh I'm Ember by the way." I say kind of embarrassed.
"Well nice to meet you Ember." he says chuckling.

They day ends and as I was about to walk out the door I soon hear Blake.
"Em!!!" Blake yells

"Yeah?" I say turning around.

"I was wondering." He paused. "If you want to come home with me? That's if you want to! I'm not going to make you."

I try to cut him off. "Blake." I say softly.

"This is pretty weird the new kid asking you to come over to his place. We don't know each other very well."

"Blake." I try again. He's still rambling. "I mean I know it's over the top and out of the blue but I thought it'd be a good-"

"Blake, shut up!"
"Sorry" he says scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

"I'll come over just shut up. Besides it's pretty lonely at my place. After my parents and little sister died I've become pretty..alone." I freeze. Did I honestly just tell him about my sister? I just met the kid and I feel like I'm telling him my whole life story.

"Your sister?" He asks.

"Uhm yeah, she uh she was hit by a car and died on the way to the hospital." I say

"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to ask. I'm sorry." He says.

"It's ok. Once again you didn't know. I just haven't had a friend or anyone to actually talk to me this long after the accident. So I'm sorry bud but you're stuck with me." I say.

"Oh well I'm honored." He says grinning gleefully.
15 minutes later we're at Blake's house. I then realized he's only 5 minutes away from me. Cool.

"Well here we are." He says as we walk into the house.
"Are your parents home?"

"Uhm actually that's where we're pretty similar. My parents kicked me out. I was always getting in fights and they were fed up with it." He replies.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine. You wanna head up tot my room?"

"Sure."

His room was like any other teenage boys room. Well almost. It was painted a bluish black color, with posters on the walls, and a bay window.
"You like it?" He asks

"Yeah! It's better than my room at home." I say truthfully.

"It must be hard...to live on your own while you're in high school." He says sympathetically.

"It's fine once you get used it, but the quite of the house just leaves me to my thoughts. But you're right it is hard. No one to talk to, no one to have fun with, and no more pictures for the scrapbook. Mom always kept one so she could remember the days when she was pregnant with me and Lena. And all the good times she had with me and dad." I say sadly.

"Well now you got me!" He says trying to cheer me up. And it works for the most part.

I leave an hour or so later. I walk into the house and go to my room. I kick off my shoes and put on my night clothes. Once my face hit the pillow, sleep instantly consumed me.