"You know your brother's sitting right here don't you?" Her eyes widened and she giggled.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Luke." Luke's hand appeared in front of Han's face with a thumbs up.

"That's OK," his voice said in the background. Han looked back at her. Even on the holo-screen she looked unwell, although she was trying to put a brave face on it. She twisted a lock of her long hair round her finger.

"We'll continue this conversation later," he assured her, smiling lovingly. "Oh, by the way. I'm bringing something to cheer you up," he said more brightly.

"What is it?" she enquired, intrigued. He widened his eyes.

"You'll just have to wait and see," he grinned. "I'll be home soon." Leia sighed, reaching her hand forward as if to touch his holo-generated face. It was the first time he'd said that, and it sounded good.

"Hurry," she said gently. They signed off.

Leia put her elbows on her crossed legs and rested her head in her hands for a moment, organising her thoughts and making a mental list of things she wanted to get done. She took a deep breath to strengthen herself.

"Blake?" she called. She knew Blake would be hovering just outside the door. Sure enough, she looked round the door and then came to stand just inside the chamber.

"What is the latest report from the squad in Al-Adreen?"

On Luke's instruction, Blake had been co-ordinating a scouting mission into Al-Adreen and the Adronian jungle, searching for the presence of Imperial and Alderaanian troops. 3PO was monitoring communications and relaying the information to Blake.

"They are confident that Al-Adreen is clear but they are liaising with Maz Kanata's informants, and think they have found traces on the far side of the jungle itself. They are investigating now." Leia nodded.

"I need to make some calls," she said decisively. "Can you get hold of General Madine?  And I will need to speak to Admiral Ackbar on Chandrila as soon as possible, but I need to be kept updated on the squads findings as soon as you have the information." Blake nodded. "Can you also send 3PO in. I need him to do something for me." She swung her legs over the edge of the bed.

"Should you be doing all this, Leia?" Blake asked, concerned by her sudden determination. Leia looked sideways at her.

"Don't worry. I'm staying here. I just need to start planning and I need to get mobile or I'm going to go stir crazy."

"Shall I fetch you some spice tea?" Blake offered.

"You don't need to wait on me, Blake. You are doing enough already. It will give me something to do. Just put those call requests in for me and that will be great. Thanks." Blake made to leave.

"Oh, by the way," Leia added. Blake paused. "Do you have something to tell me about Han's trip to Chandrila?" Blake winced. How did Leia know? She turned back towards her, wishing she hadn't as Leia was using that look that would get information out of a mute. Leia raised one eyebrow.

"I know he was there. I saw his flight request when I checked my reports. You may as well tell me. I'll get the information from someone and I'd rather it was you." That was probably true. It wouldn't take her long to find out what happened if she checked the minutes of the senate meetings from yesterday. Blake was surprised she hadn't already.

"Captain Solo felt that the Senate should know about what happened to you. He said they should take some responsibility for not listening to you when you asked them not to disband the Alliance so quickly. He told them the complacency you warned about allowed these experiments to go unnoticed, and that they were all fools if they thought the galaxy was suddenly safe. He said all this in front of a full Senate meeting, unannounced. Apparently it was quite spectacular." Blake grinned at this. Leia just stared at her.

"Captain?" Blake's apparent mistake over Han's rank hadn't slipped Leia's notice. Blake realised her faux pas. She looked apologetic.

"He was so angry, he resigned his commission. Said he didn't want to work for an organisation that took so little notice of it's most experienced people. I don't know all the detail, I was waiting 'til they got back but I'm sure there'll be a vid record of it if you want to watch." Leia covered her eyes.

She didn't want to watch that. She ran her hand down her face, making a little pained noise.

"Why did I sleep so long? I could have stopped him."

"With all due respect. In the mood he was in, I doubt you could have stopped him. Besides, he was only voicing what we all think." Blake looked full of admiration for Han's antics.

"He's such a gundark," Leia said affectionately. Even she had to smile a little. Then she looked at Blake, pointing a reproachful finger at her. "But don't any of you think of doing the same thing. You all have careers to worry about. Han is an entity all to himself." He wasn't restricted by protocol like she was, and he had no respect for the authority of bureaucrats other than how it affected Leia. She was pretty sure he only agreed to accompany her to some of her meetings simply for the caf and the snacks.

"What's done is done." She drew a line under it. Han's rebelliousness might just pale what she was about to do. "Let's get those call requests in." She spurred Blake into action. "See if you can find out what landing space there is round here. I'm going to need it."