Chapter 15

I can't do this anymore.

All the hurt and the pain, so many people want me dead. But all they do is torture me and make me regret my life.

I don't know what even happened in my childhood. My parents didn't want me, my foster mother doesn't want me, my brother hates me, my other brother is unconscious and Jakob.. He set me up several times...
I don't know what to think anymore.

My head is spinning, I'm getting used to the empty blackness by now. I wonder what it'd be like to be like this forever? I mean, I'm sure everyone would be happier that way.

Why can't I see anything? Oh yeah, I'm fricken unconscious again.
With all the energy I have a flutter my eyes open.
I hear a clicking noise and I feel a presence in front of me.

"Please! No not again, I'm sorry, please don't hurt me again" I cry, thinking it was Ethan or Jen coming back to torture me some more.

"Don't struggle, you're making this difficult" the presence says. It doesn't sound like Jen, it's too masculine, but too deep to be Ethan.

I look up and open my eyes fully, there standing in front of me was... Chris?

"Chris?" I ask, not fully understanding my situation.

"Shhh Kylie, it's okay I'm not going to hurt you, trust me. I'm just trying to undo this lock before anyone comes back" Chris hushes.

"C-Chris? What happened t-to your shoulder?" I stutter.
He sighs,
"Ethan happened, I woke up and you were unconscious and after half an hour of me trying to wake you up, watching the blood drip down your body, Ethan came back"

I try to say something but nothing comes out.

"He told me I was a disgrace to the karpathy name and threatened to kill me if I ever associated myself with you before he had figured out what's wrong with us" Chris finishes.

I still can't get any words out.

"He brought a knife out and dug it into my shoulder, as a "warning" of what he will do if I do anything with you"

"Then why are you trying to h-help m-me?" I manage. I can't keep my eyes open, I've lost so much blood, my vision starts to swim.

"Because you're the only family I have that hasn't betrayed me, yes you hurt me when we were kids but you didn't know what you were doing and I forgive you" he sighs and smiles
I don't say anything again, I can feel my energy draining. I watch as he tackled the heavy locks around my shoulders and chest.
He finally unlocks them, I have no energy to stand. I just fall out of the restraints and into Chris' arms.

"Woah, careful" he says as he flinches. I must've hit his shoulder. I can't focus on anything, i flop in his arms, out of strength.
Chris lays me down on the ground.

"B-but Chris... He, he-he'll.. Kill you" I manage

"Hey, don't worry. I'll be fine, he won't hurt me" Chris soothes

I see a figure looming behind Chris, Ethan?

"C-Chris" I whimper.

Ethan has a metal bat in his hand.

"CHRIS" I yell with all my energy. Chris turns around, and Ethan hits him in the head with the bat.

"Run" Ethan snarls.