Chapter 3

(2 months before my birthday)

Ash and I had become really good friends over the past month! I feel like we have special connection! I even had her over to my house a few time! She is the first person I've ever had at my house.
I could call her my best friend :)

Ethan has still been bullying me regularly, and this new guy showed up at school the other day. He's joined Ethan's gang and is now bullying me as well. His name is Jakob. Jakob Delgado.
I don't get it? Why can't they just leave me alone? What did I ever do to them? All they've ever done is hurt me, not just emotionally.
Let me tell you what happened two weeks ago

(Two weeks ago)

"Hey Ash!" I called cheerily to my best friend who was waiting at the lockers for me.
"Hey Kyls!" She called back. That's her nickname for me. I love it!
"So I have maths first and then we have history together?" I question
"Yep! I'll see you then!" Ash smiled and skipped off
I turned back to my locker with a smile, gathered my books and then shut my locker.
As I turn around, someone shoves me back into the lockers, I hit my head hard on the cold metal. Guess who it was? Ethan! No surprise there.
"Did that hurt?" He asked jeeringly, then smacked the books out of my hand and they scattered onto the floor.
I tried to squirm out of his grip but he just pushed me forcefully against the lockers again and again until I stopped squirming.
I heard someone walking towards us and I started to scream for help. But Ethan clamped a hand over my mouth. Man he was strong. The figure was getting closer and closer. Until none other than Jakob Delgado stepped out of the shadows, with a beaker of clear liquid in his hands.
"Did you get it?" Ethan snapped
"The teacher won't even know it's gone" Jakob smiled.
"Perfect" Ethan turned his head back to me.
"Now if you make a sound, I will be your worst nightmare" he took his hand off my mouth and grabbed the bottle from Jakob and swirled it around, it bubbled.
Shit I know what it is.
It's acid.

My head started pounding and I tried again to free myself from Ethan's grip but he was too strong and pushed me up against the lockers until my head started to feel funny.
"Aye Jakob, come take over here" I heard Ethan say, the pressure on my shoulders was lifted for a second but was quickly slammed back on me when Jakob took Ethan's spot.
Ethan walked around to my right side and proceeded to roll my sleeve up.
Shit. He still had the acid in his hands.
"If you be quiet, maybe I won't be so harsh" he growled and then slowly started pouring the acid down my arm.
Shit, it stung like a bitch. I tried to keep quiet but I cried out in pain.
"I told you to be quiet!" Ethan snapped and then tipped the entire bottle of acid onto my arm.
I screamed. Next thing I know, Ethan hurled the glass beaker at me.
That's when everything went black.

"Kylie???" I heard someone scream. Everything was so blurry, everything hurt.
"KYLIE!!" I heard again, I opened my eyes and saw Ash.
"Oh my gosh, Kylie what happened? When you didn't show up for history I got worried and came to find you! What on earth happened? Why is your arm burnt?" Ash says way too fast and I can't comprehend what she's saying. I feel my weight being lifted off the ground, as Ash picks me up, everything is still a bit fuzzy, but I can tell we're going to the bathroom.
After an hour in the bathroom, I told Ash everything that happened and she helped me clean up my arm and the cut on my head from the glass beaker. She told me she was going to tell the principle but I pleaded with her not to! Who knows what those psychos will do to me if they find out I blabbed! I can't risk that. So I made her promise to keep it to herself.
I continued the rest of the day as normally as possible, with Ash never leaving my side if she didn't have to. Thankfully I didn't encounter Ethan or Jakob, and I made it home safely.

I sat on my bed thinking.
Why, why do they hate me so much?? Why do they want to spend every waking minute of their lives torturing me? Was it because I was a pathetic loser? An ugly idiot? A brainless weirdo? A fat nerd?
I started pacing my room. These thoughts were so confusing I didn't know how to control them. I stormed angrily around my room, until I hit the wall with my fist and slid my back down it, and started to cry. I wasn't good enough for anyone. I was a stupid, pathetic loser. Heck. Even my own parents didn't want me. I looked up because something was shining in my eye, and it was getting annoying.
A pair of scissors.
My eyes wandered the scissors thoughtfully.
I wonder if those people are right? That it makes the pain go away?
Only one way to find out.
I picked up the scissors and tip toed to the bathroom. I didn't know if Jenny was home yet, but I wasn't going to take any chances, I locked the door and sat down in the bathtub. I opened the scissors slowly and stared at them for a while.
Pathetic. Ugly.
They were sewing scissors, nice and sharp, they gleamed in the afternoon sun.
Worthless. Useless.
Loser. Weirdo.
Your own parents didn't want you!
I couldn't take it anymore! I quickly swiped the blade across my wrist and instantly the thoughts go away. But they come back quickly. So I do it again.
Pathetic. Ugly.
Cut. Cut.
Worthless. Useless.
Cut. Cut.
Loser. Weirdo.
Cut. Cut.
Fat. Stupid.
Cut. Cut.
Your own parents hated you so much that they threw you away.
One long swipe down my arm.
The blood was now pouring down the sides of the bathtub. I started crying again.
I heard a knock at the door. And then another, then the creak of the door opening and then shutting.
"Kylie?" I heard.. Ash? Call. How did she find my house??
I heard her footsteps on the stairs. Getting closer and closer.
I think I cut too deep. For the second time today, everything started going fuzzy and I was still crying.
There was a bang on the bathroom door "Kylie?"
"Kylie I know you're in there, please open the door!" I couldn't move, I felt like my chest was closing up, I let out choked sobs.
"Oh my gosh Kylie, please let me in!" ash pleaded but I couldn't move. The last thing I saw was the door burst open and Ash rush to my side. Nothing else. Just darkness.

When I woke up, I was in an unfamiliar bed. I was in the hospital. I looked to my right and saw Ash sleeping in the chair beside me. She looked like she hadn't slept in ages. Why was she so worried about me? Why should she worry about someone like me? Why didn't she just let me die?
I had several bandages wrapped around my arm. Did I really do that to myself? It felt good to have my mind off those thoughts, even if it only was for a few minutes. Although, I would never have to worry about anything anymore if Ash had just let me die.
"Oh Kyls, you're awake" I heard Ash say sleepily.
"Ash?" I whimpered "Why?"
"Because I don't what I'd do without you" she whispered. "I'm so glad I decided to come to your house when I did, otherwise i would've lost you!"
I didn't say anything after that. Ash went and got the doctor and he gave me medicine. He told Ash to go home and get some rest, and so I was alone again.

I was allowed to go home two days later. I still don't believe why someone would care about me like that.

Now I'm no longer the pathetic loser.
I'm now the pathetic loser who tried to kill herself.

Attempted suicides: 1

Sorry this chapter was soooooo long, but I had so many ideas and I didn't know where to start and ahhhhhh.
Hope you guys liked it! If you have any story ideas please comment them! I'm always looking for new plot lines!

Xx