Chapter 5

(7 weeks before my birthday)

Today is the schools triathlon.
There is no way in hell IM doing that. Plus, no one wanted me in a team.

I dragged myself out of bed and chucked on my schools sport uniform. I stared at myself in the mirror.
I'm so ugly.
Disgusting copper hair and dirty green eyes.
Ew.
Plus I'm fat, and the uniform makes me look even fatter.
I trudge downstairs to find a note on the table.

Hey Hun,
Sorry I can't drive you to school today,
Work wanted me to come in earlier, so
Please catch the bus to and from school!
Love you heaps x

Jen.

Fantastic. Two more encounters with Ethan I don't need. But it's weird. She never goes in early.
She wouldn't let me catch the bus if she knew what was happening to me. Heck she'd probably even homeschool me.

I make it to the bus stop just as it pulls up.
I sneak down the aisles and find a spare seat in the middle and plop down in it.
I plug my headphones in and put my music on shuffle.
Problem by ariana grande started playing.
I press next.
Complicated by Avril Lavigne comes on next.
I press next again.
Rude by magic comes on.

Ugh I give up. I stuff my phone in my bag and stare out the window. I barely even notice  the presence next to me. Until I feel the tap on my shoulder. I turn around startled to find.. Jakob?
I quickly turn back around and I can feel my heart thumping in fear.
He taps my shoulder again and I don't move.
"Kylie" he whispers.
"Please don't hurt me" I whimper
"Hey, hey no I wouldn't do that" he soothes.
What'? Are you kidding me? He's been Ethan accomplice and now she's saying he won't hurt me?
"Bullshit" I shoot back and turn around.
"Look I'm sorry for Ethan's been doing to you but"
I cut him off
"You're sorry?? If you were really sorry, you wouldn't have brought him the acid, or punched me or kicked me. Called me names and made me feel pathetic. I can't believe you" I practically shout.
"Okay, I deserved that, but I really am sorry! Please believe me!"
He sounds sincere, like really sincere. Shit.
"Are you really sorry?" I question.
"Yes! I really am" he pleads
"Well okay then" I say and turn back toward the window.
I think Jakob and I just became friends.

I hop off the bus expecting a mouthful of concrete, but no. There was no foot waiting to trip me over. Wait, was Ethan even on the bus? I didn't even realise.
I wander into school cautiously. I go to my locker and grab my stuff for my first class.
Dance.
Shit.

Ethan's POV (oooooh you didn't see that coming XD)

I see Kylie hop off the bus, she looks confused. Hah, if only she knew. Jakob gets off the bus after her with a smile on his face. Yes. He succeeded! I call him over after Kylie went inside the school.
"Did you do it?" I question.
"Look I don't think I want to do this anymore Ethan" he mumbles.
"Are you kidding me?" I scream
"Of course I am! I got her trust, she believed I was really sorry!" He laughs
"This is gonna be great" I smile.
I walk into school with my mates.
Let the games begin.

Sorrryyyyy this chapter is uber short! I promise something awesome is coming :))))) love you all