Chapter 18

Chapter 18 (Fida's pov)

(A few days later in the present)

{Not edited}

"Where are we going?" I asked Irfan while I put on my hijab.

"Oh, just street bazaar opened few blocks away." He replied.

"Ooh, fun!" I said.

"You sure are very excited!" He commented.

Yes! I have never been to a street bazaar here. I want to see how it is!" I exclaimed.

Yes. I have been to the street bazaar in Singapore. There are varies festivals. But I wasn't aware of the street bazaar in this island. Near my parent's house, there wasn't any. what am I saying? I rarely go out. 

The bazaar was filled with a bunch of different stalls ranging from food, games, clothes and so on. We walked around just browsing here and there before deciding to play some games.

"Aren't you hungry? We have been playing all morning without food." It Irfan stated.

"Ya. Let's go look for some food." I said dusting down my clothes.

"What you want to eat?" He asked awkwardly.

We are still awkward with each other even when playing the games.

"Let's try something new. I've been eating the same things for years!" I exclaimed.

While we browse through, we came across a new convenience store. We went inside to check it out.

"Wah look! Mini foods!" I call Irfan over.

In a fridge, there was bite-sized food like mini kimbap, sushi, samosa and some other crackers.

"Hmm.. what should I eat?" I wondered.

"You eat whatever you want, girl." A voice interrupted.

"Okay. Do I know you?" I asked, confused by her interruptions.

"You don't have to know, girl. But since you are asking, he is mine." She replied smirking.

I looked at Irfan with my eyebrows raised, and he just shrugged his shoulder.

"Come, babe. Let's go." She said and dragged him out. He just went out.

I picked up some chicken Kimbap, vegetable samosa and sushi (maybe he might like them) put them in a paper bag and then grabbed some drinks for us.

 I totally ignored what just happened, if you are wondering.

I queued at the cashier, waiting for my turn.

"Hey! I saw what happened! She literally stole your boyfriend right in front of you!" A random girl said.

"yeah," I mumbled moving forward to put my food down for scanning.

"Total $16.50 Ma'am," The cashier lady said.

I handed her my debit card.

"We don't accept cards here ma'am. Only cash." She said.

"Oh! I forget to withdraw more money. Wait." I said turning behind, " You pay first," I said it to that girl.

I moved aside and called Irfan.

"My overly-excited husband, can you come over. I need some cash to pay for the food. you can chit-chat later. Come faster!" I said over the phone.

"What? Husband?" That girl exclaimed in disbelief.

"Who steals who?" I mumbled.

Irfan came over and paid for the food. We left the shop to looked for a place to sit and eat.

"Look like someone got jealous." Irfan tried to tease me.

"Not working," I replied.

"Well if you are wondering, she is my friend's colleague. She knows that I'm married so she always does that to get me out of an awkward situation. But she doesn't know how you look. I'm sorry about that. I've explained it to her. So don't worry." He gave a long explanation.

"I'm not worried. At all." I replied.

"Then you were jealous." He stated.

"Why would I be?"

"You called me 'husband'."

"So? Are you not? Am I mistaken? What are we doing here anyway?" I tried to change the subject.

"Spending time together. Enjoying life at the moment."

"That's not what I was asking. Why are we doing this?"

"I can't spend some time with my wife?"

"What's the point Irfan? I don't remember anything. Yes, I did kiss you to see if I'm can recall something. But nothing happened. All I can say is you should stop this."

"Stop What?"

"Stop trying. It won't work. Don't get your hopes up just to be broken into pieces. Find someone else. Where you can be happy."

"Fida. How can I leave you? If it's the other way round, would you leave me? Then why should I?"

Fida didn't reply so he continued.

"Fida, this is not a fairy tale where you remember everything after a kiss. I'm not going to force you to remember anything. Heck, just forget the past, let's get married again and start a new life. But I'm not going to leave you. Not today. Not ever."

Fida remained silent. She was unsure of how to reply to him.

She was aware that Irfan was waiting for a reply, just anything.

"I want to think about it. I need some time." She speaks after a very long awkward silence.

"Okay. I understand."

"But I'm going back to my parents."

"No Fida. I can't leave you again after all this."

"How can I think rationally if I live with you?"

"Ok. We are still married Fida. I can give you few days to think about it. No, take however long you want. As long as I get you back I don't mind waiting forever. I deserve this."

Fida only nodded back. After their long talk, they were not in the mood to enjoy the rest of the evening so they went back home. Fida immediately starts packing her things.

"You are leaving now?" Irfan asked her.

"Yes. It's few hours drive that if you are driving me or I need to take a public transport. I don't feel comfortable to travel alone in the night. So I might as well leave early."

"No no, I can drive you but stay for dinner." Irfan insisted.

"Sure."

After their dinner, Irfan drives her back to her parent's house. He sure going to miss her. But wondered if Fida felt the same. It was just a wishful thought for him.

________________________________

I'm really sorry for the late update 😅

Writer's block is a b.

I'll try my best to update soon.

Thanks for reading my book!!

Bashayar