Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5 (Fida POV)

Past

What a beautiful day. And I am not having bad hijab day today. Lucky. I am on my way back home from my tiring volunteering work.

"Hey, boo boo! Wait up!" I heard certain someone yelled at me.

I turned to my left to see Nisha, my old school mate's little sister, running up to me.

"Hey, Nisha. How's school?" I asked her kneeling down to her height.

"Good. I draw this for you. Nah, take it."

She handed me the paper. She had drawn stick figures of her hugging my leg. The title is 'My best friend'.

"Awww. Thank you little cutie. You are my best friend too. Ok, why don't you go home freshen up I'll come and pick you up later we go to the park."

"YES. Ok bye."

I gave her a little hug and stood up.

Of course, a cliche incident should happen here. And it happens.

There was someone who was standing too close to me and I banged on his head.

"Oww. That hurt. move away." I whisper-shout at him.

Who the hell, in their right mind, will stand this close for no reason? This place isn't packed. In fact, only two of us were there. Nisha already left to her house. I start to walk away when that pulled my hand. I started to freak out. I pushed him hard and ran away.

*the next day*

This is really hard. I mean waking up early even though I don't have school. I wrap a scarf around my neck and put on a hoodie as it's surprisingly cold inside the house. I skipped out of my room listening to one direction songs and bobbing my head to it.

"Ma.."

I stopped my sentence when I noticed the guy from yesterday sitting on the dining table and eating and conversing with my mother. I quickly put on my scarf around my head and went straight to the kitchen. I ate whatever I could find in there and sneaked out of the house through the front door. ( ya I know that's lame but I ain't gonna jump from window located at 25th floor!)

I went to the park located near my block. I walk around admiring the newly bloomed flowers. I turn around when someone tap on my shoulder. It was the same guy from yesterday. Why is he here? He was saying something. I took out my earphone.

"What?" I asked him.

"I uh you dropped this yesterday," he said handing me the drawing Nisha draw for me.

"And your mother is looking for you."

I just simply nodded murmuring thanks to him. I went back home, him following behind me. I have lots of questions that need to be answered. I saw my mother clearing the dining table.

"Ma who is he?" I asked her.

"His name is Irfan." My mother replied.

"Ya, what is he doing here?"

"He came to return you the drawing."

"I know that Ma. But Who is he? Relative? My long last brother?"

"No. He came yesterday with his parents for a marriage proposal."

"Marriage proposal? When did you hire a broker Ma?"

"Ya Allah! He is not a broker. He wishes to marry you. Why are you asking me so many questions?"

I was shocked. Like really shocked. Me? Marriage? Him?

Say what???

IRFAN'S POV

Today is the day. I'm finally going to ask her hand in marriage this afternoon.

"Hey focus here. Stop day dreaming." My friend Sid said.

I went out with my old friends to play soccer. It's been a while since we hang out. But I keep thinking about what's going to happen this afternoon. I excused myself to go drink some water. I lost a lot of energy.

Well, to start with, I first saw her 3 years ago when she came to my poly for some competition. I won't say love at first sight but I like her. She seems different. I don't know why. I only started having feelings for after I left poly. It's just happened out of nowhere. We never had any contact or whatsoever. I reckoned that it was just a crush, an infatuation, that will eventually go away.

But it didn't.

Yes, I started to think all the negative things. I was scared. What if I'm sinning? Is thinking about her all day, everyday haram? I'd never gone through that before. So I prayed every day asking for forgiveness. I was going crazy.

I thought there was no other solution.

"Man you don't look well, what happened?" Sid asked.

I was stressed so I told him everything.

"What?" Was his first reaction.

After processing what I have just shared,

"Someone is in love!" He sang.

"No what the hell? Isn't it haram? It's crazy. We both never talk to each other before. And I only saw her once." I tried to reason.

"You did nothing wrong bro. It's a crush. Just don't think too much. I'm not expert in this. Maybe talk to your parents or the imam." He suggested.

"Ya, maybe I ask my mum."

And so I did. Today afternoon I'm going to her house with my parents. Some may think it's too early for marriage. But no. I've waited 3 years for this very day.

*Fida's house*

I was nervous. My dad did most of the talking. Fida's dad asked me why I want to marry her. Whether we know each other or not. And a whole lot of questions. I tried my best to answer all of them confidently.

Only after the questioning I came to know that Fida wasn't at home. I was a bit disappointed. Having a false hope of her giving her answer to this marriage immediately.

After a while of chatting we left, Fida's father told us they will discuss this with her.

"Ma I am going to visit Sid's brother who is in the hospital. Why don't you two to go home first?" I asked my mum.

"Ok don't be late."

And they left.

I then noticed Fida. My eyes widen.

______________________________

Yes, finally another chapter.

Tell me what you think.

Comment

Vote

Bashayar