[5]

Evette's P.O.V

Thankfully I was right. Ethan wasn't out drinking. His lectures were just running late.

"Grayson was worried about you," I told him at the apartment.

"Whatever, he's always worried."

It was around 2:45 now. I was knackered for some reason.

"Let's watch a movie," Ethan suggested.

I agreed well aware that I wasn't going to make it to the end.

***

When Ethan woke me up I didn't even know what year it was. The things naps do to you. He told me we should go down to the beach and, considering the fact that I was sweating and hot from my nap, I said yes.

I quickly rushed to my room to put on my bikini and a pair of shorts. My hair was still slightly waving from the previous day when I curled it so I decided to leave it out.

Once we got the beach (we walked obviously), I noticed there was a lot more people than I expected. Once we got mixed in the crowd I lost Ethan. He wondered off somewhere, I guessed.

The heat, it made me thirsty. I headed out towards the ocean, not to drink of course, but to swim. I was feeling it. I didn't bother to take off my shorts and I started walking into the water. The ocean was perfect right then, very still and warm from the day's heat and lack of wind. I walked until I was waist deep.

Suddenly, I felt arms around my waist. They were so warm and strong, I felt so safe. I tilted my head ever so slightly so I had a view of Ethan.

"Ethan?" I asked very surprisedly and confused.

"There you are," he said. His voice musky and deep.

"What is going on?" I said, still confused.

Just then, without warning, Ethan started planting small, quick kisses on my neck, making my skin tingle. Slowly the kisses started getting deeper and more meaningful.

"Ethan, what has gotten into you?" I asked very quietly. I felt obligated to ask, even though I desperately didn't want him to stop. It's just that he never had even touched me and now he was kissing my neck.

When I turned around, ever so slightly, Ethan's eyes were closed and I could tell by his grip that he was dying to get more of me. Heaps of things were running through my mind. Should I kiss him? Should I wait?

Out of nowhere a huge rush of courage overwhelmed me. I turned my body around and sealed the space between us. He immediately kissed me back. We kissed like we were dehydrated and finally found water, but the only way we could access it was through each other's lips but made no hesitation getting it. That's what it felt like. Our lips were made for this, essentially.

"Never leave me." he said.

Suddenly I lost control of myself. I kissed him so hard. Harder than I've never kissed anyone before. I was so confused.

I pulled away and Ethan's eyes were hungry. They looked like wolves eyes. I could see the struggle on his face. He wanted me, to suck me dry, take all my love, energy, soul. He needed more.

***

Ethan's P.O.V

Back at the apartment, we sat. Wow, wasn't that a handful of a day. We sat in front of the T.V, despite the T.V being off. I didn't know what had gotten into me, but I didn't regret it.

I knew I loved her. I knew I loved her at the airport. She was good for me.

"What happens now," she asked blankly, looking ahead at nothing.

I got up from the couch and walked to the kitchen, her eyes following me. I opened my cabinet and pulled out a bottle. Her eyes widened. Little did she know, I wasn't going to drink. I walked back to the couch but didn't stop there. I kept talking all the way to the window, besides the T.V.

The biggest smile crossed my face. I was so happy. I was making progress. I opened the window and dropped the bottle.

"To save the cleanup." I smiled.

She jumped up from the couch and hugged me. I held her tight, breathing her in. Her goodness, her kindness, her love. She was amazing.

"Thank you for helping me," I said.

"Thank you for letting me."

-

That was the first day I went 100% alcohol-free.

The first day since that day.

The best day.