f o u r | b r u m o u s

Start from the beginning

"Adrianna!" She exclaimed and threw her arms around me as I took a seat on the stool.

"I was just telling Marlowe all about you! And how you're reaaally pretty and beautiful," she exclaimed, narrowing her eyes on the last part. Welp.

"Beautiful and pretty, you are," the boy, Marlowe, spoke. Oh, his voice was deep and velvety. He's really good looking too. I adverted my eyes before either of them noticed my lingering eyes.

"Adrianna! I'm Marlowe Harrison," Marlowe voiced, clearly.

"Hi," I countered lightly. And what he did next took me by surprise, but made me feel tingly and welcomed. He walked over to me and put his hands on my waist and he bent his head low enough to breath in my ear, "Don't be nervous, you belong here."

As much as I highly doubted that, he made it seem so believable. Out of the corner of my eye, Pyper crinkled her nose and pushed Marlowe.

"Trust me, he's a player. And a good one at it," she whispered in my ear, glancing down at him and narrowing her eyes. Not even five seconds later, they were both looking at each other, laughing. Me, I was lost.

"You're face... is priceless," Pyper laughed freely, her wild pink tips flying around.

Marlowe and Pyper calmed down after to a while, and she explained, "We're close friends. You'll meet the rest of them at lunch! But I was serious, Marlowe's a player and can be a serious asshole." Marlowe shot her a flat look, and she'd probably be ten feet under if looks could kill.

"Oh okay," I cracked a smile, "One question, where the hell is our teacher?" I voiced my question. It's like fifteen minutes past the first bell and there is no teacher whatsoever. Pyper and Marlowe shrugged and looked like they could care less.

l u n c h

Pyper followed me to my locker after the bell rang and waited patiently. I put away the two textbooks I collected and switched my notebooks.

Now, when I say Pyper dragged me to the cafe, I mean she actually dragged me. She led me to a table with three boys, one of them being Marlowe.

"This is Adrianna!"

"Hey..." I trailed off.

"I'm Judah Monroe," one boy exclaimed. He was really attractive. He has platinum hair, liquid gold eyes, pale complexion. He stood up and pulled me in for a hug. He looked even more yummy with the leather jacket he had on. I could see a few tattoos on him, especially the one of a dove on his neck. Sexy.

"And I'm Talon Piers," the other boy voiced. He was also really attractive. With luscious brown hair, a sun kissed tan, chocolate brown eyes, and standing at about 6'4, he was really breathtaking. And Adrianna Vasiliev, you are a Peeping Tom.

"And these are my best friends," Pyper chirped. All three guys stood up and pulled me in for a hug. They all towered over me, of six feet. And they all smelled good too.

"Pyper, you're friends with all guys," I exclaimed when the realization hit me.

"Yeah! They're all awesome, except for the sexual innuendos and the times where they're egotistical assholes," she replied, chuckling and rolling her eyes.

"Let's go," Judah piped in after a while, coming to my left, leading me, along with Pyper, outside.

"Where to?" I asked, confusion taking me over.

To which Judah replied, "Outside, to our spot," and he laughed coolly. He snaked an arm around my waist and I couldn't help but lean into his touch. Pyper walked by my side on the right, smiling at her phone. All the while, I didn't miss the looks - more like glares and hungry stares - being thrown my way. What the hell? And Judah knew something was up. Well obviously! You're shifting uncomfortably.