Chapter 5- The Love Whisperer

Začať od začiatku

"Uhh...yeah. It was pretty cool." Ash scratched the back of his neck casually.

"And he made it to the finals too! Except he lost." Bonnie pouted.

"You made it to the finals! You must be really good. No wonder we lost." Aron's face was alight with curiosity.

"Wow Ash. You weren't kidding when you said we'd need all the help we could get." Elaina smiled contently.

"But I've been battling for a long time. You guys are just beginners." Ash complimented.

"It was really nice to meet you all. Unfortunately my brothers and I need to get to a Pokemon Center. That battle really took something out of Eevee and I would like Nurse Joy to see her." Elaina explained, biting her lip as she remembered her loss. I guessed she was the kind of girl who hated losing.

"That's alright. I guess we will see you around?" Clemont suggested.

"Yeah, I hope we see you soon. Maybe then you can teach Ash how to be aware of his surroundings" Bonnie snickered.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ash yelled out in confusion.

"Oh nothing." Bonnie giggled and I laughed along with her. Ash was so dense. But he was my dense Ash.

"Bye!" Leon and Aron called in unison as the trio began walking away. As their figures got smaller I remembered something. Immediately, I started running towards them.

"Elaina! Wait!" I yelled to get her attention. She paused mid step then turned to me. "We never got to finish our conversation."

The girl tilted her head then remembered the small talk we made before the battle. Her lips transformed into a grin.

"Why don't you tag along." She suggested. "We can finish our conversation on the way."

"Sure!" I replied then gestured for Ash, Clemont and Bonnie to follow. The little blond girl skipped up to us, all too happy to come along. Ash and Clemont shrugged before jogging to catch up.

"So this is your first time in Lumiose; what brings you here?" I asked expecting an everyday answer. Instead I got a blank and slightly heart broken face. Elaina looked at the street while she chewed her bottom lip. Her eyebrows furrowed slightly. After a few seconds of silence, she began telling the story of her past.

I stood in awe and listened to each word she said. Her tone was so casual that it almost seemed unreal. By the time her story was almost done, everyone had gathered around her. We huddled like creatures in the cold and listened to the girl speak. Ash had a sorrowful look on his face and Clemont's was wrinkled with worry. For once, Bonnie held a serious expression and Dedenne stayed silent.

"...and now we're here. We worked so hard to get here that nothing could make us happier. You really don't have to pity us. Really." Elaina said as she took in our expressions. "We are happy now. Our parents aren't that bad. They were just trying to do what they thought was best for us."

"I understand." Clemont was the first to speak. "Parents can be over protective sometimes and I can see how someone could think Pokemon are dangerous. I'm sure there are others who feel the same way, I have just never met them."

"I'm sorry." Bonnie cried as she wrapped her arms around Leon's legs. He looked down at her then began muttering reassuring words.