Chapter 20: Happy Endings

Start from the beginning

"Aleksander," she slurred.

"Just relax," I whispered in her ear while rubbing her back.

Obeying my command, her head slumped against my shoulder. My chest tightened in a strange way when I felt tear drops splatter on my shirt. Slight tremors, shook Caddie's body as cried in my arms for the second time in one night. When I reached the top of the stairs, I had to pause for a minute not because she was too heavy but because I was too shocked to move. My strong, knight in shining armor was falling apart in my arms. Glancing at her blotchy, tear-stained face, I felt my heart stutter in my chest. She was just so beautiful.

"Everything will be fine," I told her.

She opened her eyes briefly to look into mine, searching for any lies. I opened myself to her, to prove that there was no lie to tell. I knew everything would work out in the end. The world, I believed, would not be so cruel to such an angel.

"How do you know," she asked in a hoarse voice.

"Because, Caddie Mae Jones-Böse, I know the universe has a plan for us. And whatever the plan is, it does not involve breaking our hearts. Contrary popular belief, I think universe loves a good happy ending," I nuzzled cute button nose.

"Maybe I don't deserve a happy ending."

"You deserve all the happy endings."

A faint smile touched the corner of her lips as she stared up at me. Tears still sparkled in her eyes but the appeared to be there for a completely different reason. Her fingers toyed with the fray of my hair on my neck as she pulled herself closer to me. "You speak of happy endings as if they were as easy to get as a bouquet of flowers."

"Maybe their not as easy to get as flowers" I agreed, "But I think that only adds to the happiness. I would do anything, no matter how hard, to get you that rare bouquet of happy endings. As many variations as your little heart could desire."

Her pretty baby blues were wide as she stared at me. All other feelings faded away, as I felt that one special emotion that made my world stop. Love. She loved me. Caddie Böse, the heir to the unlovable throne loved me and I loved her too. I loved her so much it physically hurt.

"You are my happy ending," she told me.

Pulling the object of my desire to closer to me, I pressed lips onto hers and kissed her passionately. Caddie came alive in my arms, she wrapped her legs around my waist and kissed me with a hunger I had never felt before. She fisted my hair, securing me against her. My legs moved on their account, taking us to the dorms. I didn't care if we stopped at mine or hers, I just wanted for us to spend some time alone. Nipping her bottom with my teeth, Caddie released a soft moan and arched her back. I took the opportunity to plunge my tongue into the wet cavern of her mouth. Her tongue fought mine in a battle of dominance but I eventually won. I was seeing a new side of my love, a sexy, erotic side she hadn't shown since the day we sealed our bond.

"Alek," she said breathily. We pulled away, trying to catch our breath. Her face was flushed, mine probably was too. Pieces of golden locks had fallen out of her bun and framed her face. Damn, she was so beautiful.

I noticed that we were standing in front of door. There were three numbers were painted in gold, 145. It was Caddie's dorm room. Keeping her eyes focused solely on mine, Caddie pulled a golden key from a hidden pocket in her dress and unlocked the door. I put her down, her feet were hardly audible as the touched the ground. All I could hear, was the sound of my heart beat echoing in my ear. Instead of letting me bid her goodnight, like proper gentleman, Caddie grabbed me by the arm and yanked me into the room. The door shut behind me and before I could express my concerns her lips were back on mine. All reason was lost when she was kissing me that way.

"Caddie," I meant to say her in name in warning but it came out as a moan.

"Don't Alek," she whispered, her lips traveling towards my ear. "I just want to have one night where I can be a reckless teen and then, tomorrow I promise we can solve all of the world's problems."

"Caddie there's still a lot we need to talk about-" I tried to find some sense but with every peck of her lips, I found myself crawling further from the idea of stopping.

"Tomorrow, I promise."

What happened next was a bit blurry. One second my shirt was on my body, the next it was laying on the floor in ashes and I was backing Caddie to her bed. We fell together, our bodies were a tangled mess. Caddie moved down my chest, leaving a trail of hot kisses. When her fingers reached the button of my pants I froze.

"Just let go, Alek," she told me softly.

So I did.

**So this chapter was a bit of fluff between Alek and Caddie. Yes, he still has to tell her about Imogen and they still have to deal with Roberto and find a way back home but like Caddie said they can deal with that later. I hope you still liked this chapter, even if you aren't thrilled about the Caddie and Aleksander pairing. Personally, they've grown on me. I think they balance each other out. They don't have that perfect relationship that most books are pushing for these days but it works for them and that is what ultimately matters.

Thank you again for reading and continuously showing me support! It means the world to me. I love getting home from a stressful day at school or work and seeing all of wonderful comments, it makes me very happy.
XOXO,
Ro**

(P.S. This is a possible book cover the Nox Haven Series spin-off, Celestial Sisters.)

)