Chapter six

Sydney's POV

"Shot? What do you mean shot?" An old man with a bucket hat shouts as we hop over the boarders of the highway.

"I don't know, I wasn't there. All I know is some chick rode out of nowhere like Zorro on a horse and took Lori." Glenn explains.

"You let her?" The mans eyes widen.

"Calm down man. Rick sent her. She knew Lori's name and Carl's." Daryl explains. The man hasn't took notice to me and carter yet.

"I heard a scream. Was that you?" He asks the blonde, Andrea.

She ignores him, walking away. Glenn tells him what happened

That's when he looks to me, eyes widening. "And who is this?"

"Sydney Dixon." I nod, outstretching my hand.

"Dixon? As in Daryl Dixon?" He takes my hand.

"As in Merle Dixon. I'm his daughter." I tell him.

"Oh. I'm so sorry about your father. And whose this?" He looks to Carter after implying that my father was dead.

"Carter Jones. Nice to meet you" He is more polite than I.

  The old man walks away, not even telling me his name.

"That's Dale by the way." Glenn tells me.

I nod, walking away to find my uncle.
~~

"Uncle Daryl?" I look around the RV, seeing him on a truck.

"Hm?" He looks up to me.

"Can we talk about Dad now?" I step closer to him.

"They were on a run, Rick handcuffed him to the roof of a building. Said he was puttin the group in danger. Dumb black man dropped the key in a gutter, had to leave Merle there." He explains, fiddling with his knife.

"Came back to look for him, all we found was a severed hand"

I widen my eyes in shock as my breath becomes shakey.

"I-is he dead?" I look at him, holding back tears.

"Don know." He puts his knife away.

I nod my head, slowly starting to walk away. I stop walking when I feel his hand wrap around my bicep. When I look into his face, there's a hint of sadness. He then pulls me into a hug, shocking me at first. Slowly, I let into it, leaning my head on his chest.

"I'm glad I found you" I whisper.

"M'too" He let's go of me, getting off the car and leading the way back to the others.

"I'm not leaving without Sophia" I hear Carol say. I walk over and stand next to Carter, who puts his arm over my shoulders.

"Carol, the group is split. We're scattered and weak." Dale leans on his RV

"What if she comes back and we aren't here? It could happen" she look at all of our doubtful faces.

"If Sophia found her way back and we were gone, that would be awful." Andrea look over to Daryl.

"Okay. We got to plan for this. I say tomorrow morning is soon enough to pull up stakes. Give us a chance to rig a big sign, leave her some supplies. I'll hold here tonight, stay with the RV" Daryl says.

"If the RV is staying, I'm staying too" Dale nods.

"If Daryl stays I stay." I speak up. 

"Me too" Carter smirks down to me.