Chapter 33

I woke up feeling something brush through my hair. Opening my eyes, I could barely see the outline of a door. Whoever was being me was extremely warm, which led me to think it was Logan. He was like sleeping with a furnace.

"Logan?" My voice was raspy as I looked over my shoulder.

"Go back to sleep, baby. It's early." He spoke quietly.

"What happened?" I tried to turn over but as soon as I started moving, my whole body began to ache, so I just stayed where I was. My legs were tangled with Logan's and his hand running through my hair gently. "Where are we?" I had to speak in a whisper since my throat was sore and dry.

"We're at the school. I told you to run and you didn't. When Victor and me started fighting, I think you freaked out and the other side of you came out."

I held my breath for a moment, closing my eyes.

"Did-Did anyone.... Did I kill anyone?"

"I don't know. But if you did, they were bad and deserved it. You brought down a section of the building on Three Mile Island. I couldn't find you at first. I thought that you would've.... would've died when the building came down. But when I found you, there was nothing around you and you weren't hurt."

"The other side of me keeps me safe." I said quietly. Gritting my teeth together, I turned over on to my other side to face him and avoided his gaze. "It's almost like it wants to protect me so much that it hurts everyone around me."

"Well I'm glad it saved you." Logan pressed a soft kiss to my forehead. "Go back to sleep. It's around four in the morning."

"But I'm not tired." I sighed out. "I'm hungry. And I'm hurting. I'm like a giant ball of pain right now."

"Want to go get somethin to eat?"

"I don't think I can walk."

"I can carry you then."

My eyes flickered up to meet his and I grinned a little.

"Piggy back?"

"If that's what you want." He sighed out, but the corner of his lips turned up.

"Is Remy here?"

"He's down the hall." Logan nodded his head as he climbed over me. I managed to push myself into a sitting position. That was enough for Logan to bend down a little so I could get my arms around his shoulders.

•*•*•

He carried me down to the kitchen, where I was then place on a barstool. Logan got out a bag of chips and sat down across from me.

I watched him for a few moments.

"Is your hair naturally that poofy?" I asked, trying to hide the grin on my lips as I put a few chips into my mouth.

"I've been sleeping."

"Your hair's always looking so fluffy."

He rolled his eyes at me but that didn't stop the corners of his lips from turning up.

Silence fell between us as we contently ate the Doritos. My mind wondered from thing to thing, but eventually fell on Victor, of course.

"I like us being together." I put some more chips into my mouth and wiped my hands on my pants. I continued speaking after I finished with the chips in my mouth. "But he.... he told me to cut things off with you or he'd make me regret it. I thought he was going to kill you, Logan."

"He can't, Em. Don't worry about it."

"Don't tell me that." I shook my head and pushed the bag of chips away from me. "When I saw you just sitting in that room yesterday.... I thought maybe he did find a way to kill you. And it would be permanent."

Logan's eyes met mine and he shook his head gently.

"I won't leave you for nothing, sweetheart."

I nodded my head softly and continued to eat the chips. I didn't know what else to say. I didn't want to say what all I felt towards him and scare him away.

"We should probably go back to bed." I said quietly after a while.

•*•*•

When I woke up the next time, the sun was shining into the room through the window. I rubbed my eyes and reached out for Logan, but I didn't find his warmth anywhere.

I decided to take a shower before going to find him.

I left my room and went down to the living room. My whole body ached and my ankle hurt, but I chose to ignore it.

A few kids were awake, playing video games. I noticed Bobby and Peter were two of them.

"Hey, Embry!" Bobby waved.

"Morning, Embry-Lynn."

"Hi, guys. Have you seen Logan or Remy?" I asked.

"Uh, last I saw LeBeau, he was with Scott and Jean outside somewhere." Peter replied.

"That's not much help." One of the other guys teased him.

"Thanks, Peter." I gave him a smile. "See you later, guys."

•*•*•

I spent what felt like hours searching the large school grounds for either Logan or Remy. I found Remy first. He was coming out of the Professor's study with Storm.

"You're awake." He pulled me in for a tight hug, which had me grunting and wincing from the pain.

"Easy, Rem. I'm sore."

"Me and Storm got there just after the west side of the building collapsed." Remy spoke as we began to walk down the hallway.

"So who all knows about my other side coming out?"

"I think the whole school does." Storm replied, giving me an apologetic look. "But it's nothing to be ashamed of, Embry-Lynn."

"I just don't like it." I shook my head gently.

"Where's Howlett, sweetheart?" Remy asked me.

"I haven't been able to find him." I answered. "He was with me earlier this morning, but when I woke up, he was gone."

"There you are." Logan spoke as he turned a corner down the hall from us. "You've gotta come see this."

Short chapter and I am so so so so sorry but the action will pick up from here!!! I hit a road block a while ago and I just didn't know where to go but now I do and this story is coming to an end but not until we see some SERIOUS ACTION!!!! I know I've been holding it off but there's a reason for it.

And how do you think Logan and Embry should act with each other?? Do you like them together??

Also I know that my French is messed up a little!!! I do not take French nor do I speak it. I speak English and a little Spanish. Sorry but I tried.

Vote and Comment!!

<3 Kacey <3