Chapter 25

The Professor had told me to stay in Sacramento until he could get Storm to fly over and get me.

I didn't know where to go, so I just walked up and down the same street.

It was dark out and I was getting worried.

I kept my arms wrapped tightly around me as I waited.

The heavy sound of footsteps behind me made my heart race.

I continued walking, hoping to find some opened store to at least walk into until Storm came.

But my luck was terrible. I couldn't find a single opened store.

An arm suddenly wrapped around my waist while a hand came to cover my mouth.

I kicked and screamed into the man's hand, doing my damnedest to get free.

"Shhh, pretty girl." The man whispered in my ear, his hot breath sending bad shivers down my spine.

I managed to put my hand on his arm and basically burn the flesh off.

He cried out at the pain and let me go with a shove.

I fell back on to the concrete, pain erupting in my elbow.

I let myself roll on to my side to cradle my elbow. The pain was terrible and it was enough to make me think I had broken it.

The man grabbed my ankles and began to pull me towards him.

Just as I was about to let out a scream, the mutation took over, protecting me from the man.

Third Person P.O.V.

As Storm and Logan neared the city of Sacramento, Storm cleared the skies of any clouds so she could see the city.

"Professor? Where is she at?" Storm asked, hoping his telepathy would pick up.

"Go quick to Twenty Fourth and Walters'. She's being attacked." Professor Xavier spoke urgently.

"Where the hell is Twenty Fourth and Walters?" Logan mumbled.

"Right there." Storm pointed out on the GPS screen.

The Blackbird jet was landed on a rooftop.

Logan was jumping down the fire exit while Storm flew down.

By the time they reached Embry-Lynn, they found her standing on the sidewalk, staring into the eyes of the man in front of her.

"Embry-Lynn!" Logan shouted.

She seemed to be ignoring him, all of her attention was drawn to the man in front of her.

Logan started to move towards her when the man turned to ashes right in front of his eyes.

"Logan." Storm sounded uneasy, placing a hand on Logan's shoulder. "She's lost it."

Logan watched as the sidewalk began to get ripped up and the glass from the shop windows near Embry shattered and the whole ground seemed to start trembling.

"Embry-Lynn! Listen to me!" Logan shouted above the noise of the shaking earth below him.

A chunk of building fell down in front of Storm, who jumped back from the boulder sized building piece.

Embry-Lynn raised her hands, palm up beside her.

The sidewalk that had been pulled from the ground began to disintegrate rapidly. The vehicle parked off to Embry's right started to suffer the same fate.