Chapter 28

"I'm worried about him, Logan. He always tells me where he is." I ran my fingers through my hair and squeezed my eyes shut.

"He's a grown man, Embry." Logan shrugged his shoulders, taking a puff of his cigar.

"But he still tells me."

It was now noon and Remy wasn't back yet. He hadn't been back since last night.

"Would you quit with that?" I watched Logan from across the room. His eyes met mine and he let out a sigh. "I-I just don't want to have an asthma attack."

Logan sighed out and put the cigar out.

"Go out on to the balcony. I don't mind if you do it out there."

Logan shook his head and mumbled something under his breath. He just seemed to be in a mood today.

I checked my phone for the tenth time, but Remy hadn't sent any texts or called.

"I'm going to go out and talk to some friends."

"He's probably hungover in some woman's bed. You've gotta let him live sometimes, Embry-Lynn."

I crinkled my brows as I looked at him. What was he talking about?

"What do you mean, Logan?"

He let out a sigh and ruffled his hair.

"Never mind."

"No, what do you mean?" I pushed myself off the counter top and went into the living room.

"It doesn't matter what I mean. I'll go with you." Logan started to stand up but I shook my head.

"I want to go alone."

"And if you run into someone like that ass from the other day?"

"I can defend myself." I went to my room and began to close the door, but Logan stopped me.

"Embry-Lynn." He sighed out. "Don't get mad."

"I'm not. You just made me a little upset. So I'm gonna go and take some time and calm down so I don't mess anything up." I began to put on shoes and a jacket, but when I tried to pass him, he grabbed ahold of my arm.

"Em." He spoke softly. "I'm sorry."

I locked my jaw and diverted my eyes away from him.

"You implied that I'm clingy." I mumbled.

"I didn't mean it like that. You're just really close to him and maybe he needed his own time." Logan moved to hold me with both arms wrapped around my waist. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine." I sighed and gently made him let me go. "I know I'm clingy."

"Embry-Lynn!" Logan groaned out.

"It's okay!" I insisted, turning back around to look at him. "so I'm just gonna go out and have me time. You can stay here and smoke that God awful thing and watch football or something guys do."

"Be careful, Embry. Could I get a kiss?"

I bit the inside of my cheek, glancing down at my shoes.

"If you want one."

"I always want one." A little grin came to his lips as he moved to hold me again. His lips pressed to mine and I couldn't help but giggle softly.

"I'll be back in a few hours."

•*•*•

I went to the little diner I pulled shifts at now and again. It was where I felt most welcomed without Remy.