Chapter 11

I sat in Logan's truck with my feet up on the dash. My head rested against my fist, which was supported by my elbow on the door.

Logan and I haven't spoken since we started the journey from Newport, which was about three hours ago.

"Are you upset cause I'm the one with you and not Remy?" Logan asked, glancing over to me.

"I'm more comfortable with Remy." I admitted quietly.

"You were comfortable with me last night when you kept putting your leg over me."

"That's because..." I trailed off, not wanting to admit why I was more comfortable last night.

I could feel Logan's eyes on me, studying my expression.

"Because other people were in the same house as us." Logan sighed and looked back to the road. From the corner of my eyes, I could see his fists clench the steering wheel tighter. "You think if there were other people in the house with us, I wouldn't hurt you?"

"You make it sound so bad, Logan." I looked over to him, catching his eyes with my own. "I want to trust you, I want to know you more, I want to know why I feel weird when you touch me or give me a smile. But my head isn't letting me."

"You can't blame everything on that, Embry."

I utterly shocked that he would say that. I took my feet off the dash and raised my eyebrows at Logan.

"You think I'm blame my problems on my mutation for nothing?"

"You know what? Yeah. I do."

"Screw you, Logan. I'm not that kind of person." I was getting pissed and that wasn't going to end well to I crossed my arms and dug my fingernails into my palms.

"Go ahead and pout." He mumbled under his breath.

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes to concentrate.

•*•*•

I woke up to two people talking. One was for sure Logan and the other sounded like Remy.

I didn't open my eyes but I could feel something like a cover over me.

"You what!" Remy demanded. His voice was off, like he was talking through a phone. "Logan, if you think Embry using her mutation like she has been is bad, wait till she flips the hell out on your stupid ass. A mad Embry's worst than Victor."

"Whatever, man. How do I get her to stop being pissed with me?"

"Tell her you're sorry but don't compliment her. If ya compliment her just ta make her not pissed at you, it'll make her more pissed."

"She's fucking complicated."

"Yeah but that's Embry-Lynn."

"I hate both of you." I mumbled as I stretched my arms out over my head.

"Didn't know you were awake." Logan said.

"How's it goin', Embry? Logan says you're pissed." Remy said. He was on speaker and Logan's phone was resting in a cup holder.

"Yeah I am." I crossed my knees and my arms.

"Talk to me, amoureux. Tell me why you're pissed with him."

"He's an asshole."

"She cusses." Logan took his hands off the wheel to clap them, sarcastically. I glared at him and gave him the middle finger.

"Told ya. Embry's complex." Remy chuckled. "I gotta run, guys. Love you, Emmy."

"You too, Rem." I ruffled my hair with my fingers and looked out the side window.