Epilogue - Christmas Special

You stayed sitting in the bed until the noises of the household woke you up. Everything was real. This? This was no dream. You remembered things, things that had just happened recently in this life. No, not this life, your  life. You really were a Winchester by blood, you really were Gabriel's wife, you really were a mother. Flinging your legs over the side, you pulled on one of Gabriel's old sweatshirts that came down past your knees and padded your way downstairs.

Sam had his arms around a blonde woman's waist whose belly was swollen. She turned and her name popped into your head. "Good morning, Jess. Morning, Sammy," you said. Sam turned around and smiled brightly. "Good morning," he said before laying a light kiss on Jessica's shoulder. A blur of blond attacked your leg and you looked down to see Micah on your leg. "Mommy, Daddy and me made pancakes for all of us! I think Uncle Cas and Uncle Luci are coming to open presents with us!" he spouted off quickly. You rubbed his head affectionately and he ran off after a bigger boy with brown hair that you knew to be Ben.

"Careful, boys!" shouted a deep voice that you recognized to be your eldest brother from somewhere close. He emerged from the doorway with what could only be described as hedgehog hair. "Morning, guys. Merry Christmas," he said, slumping into a seat. "Merry Christmas!" echoed everyone else. "Where's Lisa?" asked Jess. Dean jabbed a thumb behind him to indicate that she was still asleep. "You want syrup on your pancakes, Dean-o?" asked Gabriel. Dean grunted and you smiled. This really was your life. You lifted yourself onto the counter to watch Gabriel make more food for the oncoming slew of his siblings. He stopped to pop a chocolate chip in his mouth every now and then, ever giving you one.

The sounds of laughter came from the living room along with the quiet crackling of the dying fire and the adults were still in the kitchen, lightly discussing what they'd gotten the kids. Gabriel had finished cooking and had wrapped your legs around his middle, resting his head lightly on your shoulder. You, in turn, wrapped your arms lazily around his shoulders and kept talking. He would have fallen asleep, had his brothers not gotten there and you'd gotten up to greet them.

Opening the door (and ignoring the chaos caused by the boys in the living room), you were wrapped up in a giant hug from one of your favorite brothers, Balthazar. Behind him stood Michael, Castiel, Lucifer, Gadreel. "Hey, Balth! Michael, I didn't think you'd make it, what with work and all. But once you're a CEO, I guess you get to pick you hours, don't you? Come in, come in, Gabriel made food and the others are in the kitchen talking!" you said in a rush. Each one of the brothers gave you a light hug, Lucifer's being a bit too long, but he always the affectionate one.

Sounds of joy were coming from every room and the fear that it was just a dream faded quickly. It really was just a dream. You stayed by the front door, listening to the sounds of life. You were so caught up in listening to everything and relishing in the moment that you didn't hear your husband sneak up on you. One of his hands took the hand that was pressed against the front door and quickly put you into a dancing position. You recognized the song playing, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas, the Sam Smith cover. It was soft enough for you to still hear the others and yet not so soft you couldn't hear it. 

Gabe led you into the dancing position and he swayed back and forth slowly. You rested your head on his collarbone and listened to him hum softly and slightly off-key to the song. "Every Christmas, I've heard this song. And every Christmas, I've been happy. But never like this. I'm content here with you, (Y/n). With Micah and every thing we've made together. This life is the one we've made together. You're the reason for the season, damn it. I love you, sugar," he whispered in your ear in between soft forehead kisses. "I love you, too, Gabriel," you whispered back. A strange sigh came from the doorway and you both looked over to see your eldest brother holding his phone up at you two. Your mother, Mary, was gazing back with a sweet smile on her face.

"Deeean!" you whined, hiding your face in Gabe's shirt. Gabriel laughed along with Dean and his arms encircled you in a close hug. He lightly kissed the top of your head and you blushed. "Alright, you two, keep it PG. (Y/n), Mom wants to talk and then I think breakfast meal is ready. Then presents?" he asked in a hopeful tone. "Of course, Dean-o. Just give me and my beautiful lady a minute, will ya? I put mistletoe here for a reason, Curly Stooge," Gabe said for you, causing you to blush even deeper. "Three-point-one-four seconds, okay?" Dean threw over his shoulder as he disappeared back into the kitchen.

"Did you really put mistletoe above us?" you asked sheepishly. Even after being together so long, Gabriel still managed to make you blush and your stomach to flutter. "Look up, kitten." You looked up and caught a glimpse of something green before his lips descended gently on yours. He smiled into the kiss when you hooked your leg around the back of his calf and you did the same when he tangled his hands deeply into your hair. You nipped gently at his bottom lips and he pulled back, resting his forehead on your and looking deeply into your (e/c) eyes. 

"You know what happens when you do that, baby. I really don't think that's a good idea, not when there's other around. Won't want them coming around to see why you're screaming, do you?" he said with a devilish glint in his eye. You trailed one finger down his jaw to his chin, hooking a finger under it and pulling him down to you for a quick peck before walking away with a bit more zest than usual. "Maybe I do want that. You never know, Gabe," you murmured quietly enough for him to hear. He leapt out to grab you by the wrist, but you slipped away into the kitchen.

Dean was sliding his phone into his back pocket, laughing at something Lucifer had said. Sam had his head resting on Jessica's shoulder with his eyes shut and his arms looped around her waist since she was sitting on his lap. You heard Ben yell Micah's name as a pair of strong arms wrapped around your waists and a gentle kissed placed on the back of your neck. "Oh, come on, guys, not in the kitchen!" complained Gadreel. "You don't think we've not marked the kitchen already?" said Gabriel casually with a wiggle of his eyebrows. You slapped his arm and everyone groaned in unison at the thought. "What?" he said innocently and you blushed a deep red. 

"That's disgusting, Gabriel. None of us wished to know," scolded Castiel, crossing his arms over his chest. "Can we just go open presents now?" asked Dean loudly. "YEAH!" yelled Ben and Micah from somewhere close. You smiled and nodded your head. Jess whispered something in Sam's ear that caused him to perk up and walk to the living room with the rest of you. "Come on, Mom, hurry up!" yelled Ben. You smiled and walked with everyone else to the living room. 

After fiddling with the radio a bit more, it landed on Peter Hollens' "December Song" and you went back to sit on the floor next your husband's legs. "Micah, Ben, why don't you guy pass out the presents and then we can do stockings?" suggested Sam, to which they both agreed to. 

The sounds of joy were everywhere and you were happy. Not content, but happy. Your son was tearing into his presents with his best friend, your brother's step-son. You were nestled close to the love of your life and everything was just as you wanted it to be. The music was floating softly in the background and then you realized that this was it. This was real and this was your life and this was all you ever wanted.

Gabriel pulled you up next to him after all the presents had been opened and everything was calmer to be sandwiched in between him and Jessica. One of his hands absentmindedly drew shapes on your legs and you rested your head on his shoulder. He moved himself so that he could put his face in your hair, inhaling deeply. "I love you so much, princess," he mumbled, pressing a light kiss to the side of your hair. You closed your eyes and let yourself relax.

It was a merry Christmas after all.

Okay, I promise this is the last chapter. I just have to give you one last Christmas present and thank you for sticking true through the ups and downs. Here are the best wishes for you to have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2017! I hope you guys have a wonderful day, week, month, walk through life, and I'll see you soon. Goodbuhy!