Rejection

Luke's POV

Today is the day I will ask Catty to go out with me. Not to be my girlfriend just yet but to go on a date. To give me a chance.

I decided to ask Stephen for some advice on how to ask her out since Catty and Natalia are similar in some ways.

"Hey, Stephen can I talk to you?" I ask not sure of what I'm going to say next.

"Yea sure. What's up?" He said as he sat down next to me on the couch.

"I was wondering if you could give me some advice on how to ask Catty out." A puzzled look came across his face.

"Like how did you ask Natalia out?" I ask since he didn't say anything.

"Well I just winged it. I'm surprised she said yes. I was so nervous. I actually threw up in the guys bathroom at school before I asked her. I stuttered. I was sweating. I felt like I would die if she said no. At first I thought she did but I didn't let her finish her sentence. So my advice to you is to just be yourself. Write her song if you want or just sing her a song that describes how you feel even if it is by someone else. I'm sure she'll say yes to any way you ask her. Well as long as you don't act like some bad ass jock." I can't believe he just told me this. I wonder if Natalia knew that he threw up.

"Thanks man. I really appreciate it." After we realized we needed to leave for school we Bro hugged and headed out.

I let Stephen borrow one of my old skateboards. Natalia and I ride our skateboards to school whenever possible. On the way to school all I could think about was Catty. Today would determine my future.

Stephens POV

Luke let me borrow a skateboard, that was nice of him. I could tell all he could think about on the way to school was Catty. I'm a little surprised he asked ME for advice. I mean I got sick before I asked Buggy out.

I don't understand what this girl sees in me. I mean she's so beautiful and I'm so blah. She's really smart and I'm struggling to maintain a D. Over the years I have been so mean to her sometimes. Like I've treated her like crap and she still loves me. I don't get it.

Finally we arrived at school. I don't know how they do this. I'm tired.

"How the heck do you guys do this?" I ask them 'cause I'm completely worn out.

"Dude we are like professional skaters. That was nothing." Luke answered giving me a funny weird look.

Natalia just smiled and giggled. I like how Luke and I get along so well. I think she does too. She's so beautiful when she smiles and her laugh is just the most beautiful sound in the world besides he singing voice.

*********Lunch********

Luke's POV

Well it's now or never.

"Hey Kit-Catillac! I need to talk to you." She smiled and followed me.

"What's up Luke?"

"I was wondering if you would like to give me a chance and let me take you out on a date?" I'm sweating, I can't breathe. God just kill me now.

".......Luke.......I....I'm sorry.......I can't....I already have a date with Chris Mathews......I'm sorry...." She has a date with Chris Matthews?!?!

How could she go out with him!

"Oh. Ok then... It's ok. Well I'll see you later.. Bye...."

I can't believe she rejected me. The first girl I've ever asked out rejected me. And she's going out with Chris. Chris Mathews. I just can't believe it. What will Natalia think when I tell her.