CHAPTER XI: The Battle of the Five Armies Pt.1

Mithril attentively looked towards the foot of the mountain ranges, something seemed off, she could feel it. Mithril tapped her father's shoulder, urging him to lean closer.

"Something's not right."

And with an utter of a single sentence, Three monstrous creatures sprung from the ground.

"Oh come on!" Dáin exclaimed, his hands firmly grasping the reigns of his war hog. Mithril tensed at the sight that came after the scene.

War horns were blown, its sound echoing in the vast terrain. Hundreds of orcs were slowly filing in. Dáin gave his daughter a slight nudge. "Prepare yourself," and before he came off to give the commands, he looked into Mithril's eyes and leaned his forehead unto hers. Mithril could feel the cold helmet pressed up against her forehead.

"And don't die, my child. Promise me this."

Mithril nodded, and soon Dáin took up all responsibility as the Lord of the Ironhills. 

"To battle! Sons of Durin!" 

It was in that moment, did the young elleth realized.

That no matter how skilled she was, she was afraid, it was foolish to think about battles and such, for wars were not mere games to be played.

Grey eyes stared at the approaching enemy, the numbers were far too overwhelming. She was situated near the front line, with no armor, and only her trusty sword.

"I uhh, should've thought things through," she whispers to herself, "Ahh hope I don't get skewered by those curved swords." Mithril gulped as she tried to place her fear somewhere else.

"Will the elves not fight?" Bilbo muttered in disbelief as he watched the orcs fast approaching with their weapons ready for battle. Everything was happening way too fast.

The wizard yelled at the Elven king, "Thranduil this is madness!"

Thranduil closed his eyes, and with a reluctant voice, he gave his commands.

There was no backing out now, Mithril thought to herself as she watched the army of orcs nearing their stand. The Dwarves of the Ironhills had their shields drawn, and their spears aimed towards the enemy. Steady was their hold, and their eyes keen, as if there was no fear.

The orcs were at close-quarters, and so the young elleth prepared herself for  battle. With a heavy intake of breath, Mithril grabs the hilt of her sword, waiting for the perfect moment to pull it out from its scabbard.

"And so it begins."

A flash of gold flickers, and to Mithril's surprise, the elves of Mirkwood had come to fight by their side.

Mithril noticed how everything seemed like a dance, the elves were indeed graceful by nature. But more importantly, she saw how the elves pin-pointed the weaknesses in the orcs armor, making it easier for them to kill the enemy.

"That's...amazing." she mumbles to herself, only to be smacked by a dwarf standing guard. "Focus on the battle." Mithril nods, as they all chant the battle cry :

"Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!"

Mithril leaped forward, aiming for the orc's neck where his armor was vulnerable. She was incredibly light due to the fact that she had no armor on, something that gave her an edge.

With nimble feet, Mithril used the orcs heads as stepping stones, before decapitating them. She could sense that something was wrong, yet again. Mithril looked at the city, seeing as all the humans were going back. "The orcs aren't the smartest of creatures, but they aren't stupid." Mithril propelled herself forward, using another orc as a stepping stone. Just then another war horn was blown.

Armored trolls slowly made their way out of the holes which were created by the Were-worms. Perched on their back were catapults loaded with humongous chunks of solid stone. Mithril could see another army of orcs that were making their way towards the city.

"The orcs..., they know we cannot fight on two fronts!"

Mithril looked around her and saw blood. The elves and the dwarves were being slaughtered. The land was filled with dead bodies, be it foe or ally. There were barely enough of them, and their enemies were still doubling in size. Soon Mithril found herself surrounded by orcs.

"A pretty elf like you shouldn't be playing in the battlefield." an Orc laughed, pointing his sword on Mithril's chin. "I can't wait to taint my sword with yer precious elf blood." another one says, licking his lips in a grotesque manner. "Then what are we waiting for?!"

Mithril smirks.

"Too bad, looks like you'll be the one dying by my sword!" Mithril  swiftly picks up a shield from the ground, using it to smack the three. Mithril stabs the one behind her, and quickly pulls out her sword to rip through the three she had smacked with a shield. There were five orcs left.

"Let me tell you something." she grins, slicing the two that threw themselves towards her.

"I'm not some pretty elf," she glared at the one on her right, before she slit his leg. "Two, know your place! you filthy orcs!"

Mithril decapitated all three, freeing herself from the 'so-called-stranded-situation'

Mithril looked behind her to see another army of orcs advancing.

That was when she realized that there were no more allies beside her, the others were pushed back near the gates of Erebor where she spotted her father vigorously fighting while yelling the words, "Fall back."

Mithril noticed how far the distance was. She began to run, but was halted by the orcs that surrounded her, this time there were twenty of them ready to slice her the way she had treated their kin. Blades were drawn, and aimed towards her.

"Mithril..." Dáin could no longer see his daughter from the throng of orcs that surrounded her. He prepared himself to run towards where she was, only to be pulled back by Bor.

"Don't." Bor growled, but he didn't meet Dáin's eyes. "You're gonna get yourself killed."

Dáin began to seethe with anger, his fists were drawn, ready to launch an attack on his friend out of fury when he saw Bor pointing at the far horizon, a smile on his face.

"Now there's a fighter." he smiled.

Red hair that glinted like fire in the sun, a Black blade that pierced through the enemy, a young elleth that stood her ground, fighting the orcs that threw themselves towards her

Mithril was alive.

To Be Continued...

A/N

Allooo, and so finally Mithril has become useful (Lmao) and she's practically proving her father that she can and she will slay Yazzzz, anyways, the following chapter will have some more epicness? I don't know, I'll try ^_^ Really hope I could get some feedback be it negative or positive, I'll gladly take it!! Thankyou and don't forget to click the hearteu button <3

Dwarven Words/Phrases Used

Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu - Axes of the Dwarves! The Dwarves are upon you!