Tuesday-Wednesday

Nothing made a morning better than waking up to the best person in the world, waiting for you downstairs in your lovely kitchen with the smell of pancakes and coffee being brewed. The daylight of a beautiful day ahead. One obviously full of surprises. For me, anyway.

He was driving us to the store when we passed a pet shop. Little critters looking at the streets with their wonderous eyes or play fighting with their other pals. So tender and sweet. Harmless and playful. I suppose Natsu noticed my expression at the cute little animals.

At the market, we bought all the things necessary. Milk, eggs, protection*clears throat*, etc. When we got to the car and loaded all the bags into the trunk, as Natsu started the car, he told me to put a bandana over my eyes, said he had a surprise for me. He also gave me some earphones so that I wouldnt hear anything.

When we got to our destination, we entered a place with a certain smell. Not very pleasing, but very at the same time. As he pulled off the bandana with his finger, I opened my eyes to all those tiny little critters wagging their tales to us. I squealed in exitment and turned over to hug him.

"We're getting a puppy?!"

"Yep."

"Awwww Natsu!"

I ran to look at every single puppy in every single cage, only to find the perfect one. He was cuddled up by himself in the corner of his cage. His hair poofy and soft as I poked my finger in and tried to pet him. When I did, he raised his head, revealing his onyx eyes, just like Natsu's. Natsu called over the clerk and he opened the cage for us then handed the Golden Retriever to me so I could hold him. I almost cried of excitement and happiness. As I carried him, Natsu and I went around the store gathering things that were necessary for a puppy. A bed, a brush, dog shampoo, dog food, toys, leash, and last yet most important, a collar. It was a baby blue color and the bone shaped metal plate hung from it. There, we engraved his name.

Max.

We took him home and on the way there, he stuck his head out the window and also his tongue. He traveled all over the car, sniffing everywhere, getting familiar with things. The same thing happened at the house. He went to all places. Our room, the kitchen, the living room, the restroom. He was everywhere. As he did all these things, there was also a mess being accidentally created. Fur was left everywhere, puppy paws printed on the white marvel floors of the dinning room, Natsu and I filled with dog saliva because of Max's affection towards us. That's when we got the maids to clean the whole place up a little. We decided Max's bed would be in our room for the rest of the week, since we were departing soon, leaving this place for good and out to a better life. We had a plan and it was good.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I was dead asleep until I felt four little paws bouncing on top of both Natsu and I, licking our faces and wagging its tail. The cutest thing you had ever seen was the first of that Wednesday's morning. A cute wet nose and those little onyx eyes. Natsu woke up just a few minutes after and pulled Max bellow the sheets so that he could sleep for another 10, but he wouldn't budge. He went berserk under there. Rolling and somehow throwing himself in what little space he had until that little golden head of his popped out of under the sheets. His eyes with a playful look in them. He was so cute you could never stay mad at him.

"I'm gonna shower...but I think our little buddy might need one first" said Natsu looking at Max, then at Lucy, who began laughing a few seconds after.

"Yeah, I think he does." He chuckled a bit and then both got up to put some old clothes on, for they both knew bathing the dog might be a bit of a struggle, a mess.....a very bubbly mess.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Just as we thought, there were so many obstacles we had to get past.

Getting Max into his dog tub was harder then we thought it would be.
Let's just say that chasing him around the whole house, and I mean the WHOLE house, wasn't the easiest thing in the world. With there being tables and chairs and edges from walls to stub all of your ten toes in, it wasn't the most painless thing ever. Maybe having a mansion with 10 rooms where the puppy could hide wasn't the best idea. Giving the maids the day off was probably not the smartest thing to do. And taking a 10 minute break to catch a breath, which is exactly when the dog decides to show up, is the worst idea in the world. This was certainly an energetic day. Our blood flowed all over our bodies. Our hearts pumping as fast as the speed of light. Water then turned into the first target, and finally, the dog decided to just give up, and he surrendered in our arms.

Natsu carried him outside to the tub filled with water and bubbles. Max being a little heavy was why Natsu had to carry him with his muscular arms and strong back. When he bent down to set Max into the tub, I took the advantage to push him in there with him, bursting out in laughs and cries because of how hilarious it had been. He peeped his head out and gave me a death look, which was when I realized......that I was dead. He jumped out and ran behind me in our humongous yard. He grabbed hold of my arm and pulled me against him, kissing me with his wet clothes and cold face. The air surrounding us, making it chilly as Natsu's wet clothes made mine wet also. His hair pushed back was just perfect and his embrace was the best. We smiled at each other at had one more kiss. We then walked back to Max who was nicely sitting on the tub waiting for us. What a good boy we thought.

Scrubbing and washing and on repeat was torture. Max kept moving and it was difficult for us to keep him still. He licked our faces over and over again, filling us with saliva. Our clothes were soaked and so was our hair. Natsu's looking very hot and mine looking like a mop. He reassured me it didn't, but I knew it did. Even though things were messy, they were fun. Laughs and playful moods made the morning awesome. I honestly couldn't wait to spend the rest of my life with this husk of a man. That pink hair in the mornings, and those onyx eyes that made you wander into his soul. Or the Golden hair of a four legged creature crawling all over you. Both were great ideas.

Wonderful, infact.

After Max's bath, we sat on the couch and watched a movie with some popcorn. When the movie was over, doors were locked and light went out. And so did the dog. It was uncomfortable having a dog scratching on your door while you're getting it on in there, so Max had to wait outside for a couple.......hours.....
In the end, it was a great day with a gorgeous salmon haired boy and a magnificent golden dog.