Chapter Two ¤ Reunion

It had been a month since Genesis had cried out to her guardian for his return. She had worn her veil like a widower, too grief stricken and angry to let anyone interact with her, too lonely to care. However much she wanted to remove herself from the angelic voices, she found herself slowly lifting the shroud from her mind to the point where she could barely make out the voices. As she listened she almost covered herself when she heard the voice of Anna speaking to another angel who had his voice silenced from her ears.

"I understand that she has the higher authority but I don't trust her." Anna said with pauses from the replies of the other angel. "So what if I've fallen from faith? You're on the verge of the doing the same so don't use that as an excuse. All I'm saying is that if you go down there they will find her if they haven't done so already. Fine don't listen to me then."

When Anna had gotten the last word in, Genesis felt the angel leave but knew that the other was still where Anna had left him. She felt his eyes burning into her mind as she tried to find who he was. When she had almost discovered who the mysterious angel was she felt him spread open his wings and she shrunk back, but didn't cover herself.

"Who are you?" she asked, her voice betraying her.

The angel said nothing but merely stood there, watching her, saying nothing to give away his identity.

"Who are you?" she demanded this time.

When her voice became more demanding she felt the angel take on his true form, leaving his vessel behind. The force behind his transformation sent Genesis back into the waking world. She snapped her eyes open and saw that she standing in her kitchen, an apple still in her hands.

"Anna," she prayed, not knowing what else to do, "Who was it that you were talking to? His voice was masked to where I could not hear. Please tell-"

As she spoke her lights began to flicker on and off and her television clicked on to the no signal channel, filling her home with white noise. Cautiously, she walked over to the television set and pressed the power button, ending the noise. As she turned back towards the kitchen she heard a crisp click and the noise was back in her ears. Slowly, she turned around and stared at the screen, fear gripping at her heart.

Suddenly, a deafening noise filled her ears, something she could not block out with her veil. She collapsed to her knees, dropping the apple as she frantically covered her throbbing ears. With out her realization, her eyes squeezed shut as the lights got brighter and the noises got louder, she let out a scream that silenced everything. Slowly, she uncovered her ears and blinked opened her eyes, quickly backing away when she was met with a pair of black shoes. She looked up with panic in her eyes and say that a man in a trench coat stood before her, the uneaten apple in his hand.

"Hello Genesis." he said in a gruff voice, though a softer voice was scarcely heard echoing him.

"Who are you?" she stuttered, still on the ground.

Hurt flashed in his eyes but he quickly recovered by replying, "I am Castiel, an angel of the Lord."

"Castiel?" she whispered, her voice flooded with emotions.

"That is what I said, yes." he nodded slightly.

"But, you left me, I thought I had pushed you away." her eyes filled with tears and she couldn't stop them from spilling over.

Castiel opened his mouth to speak but before noise could come out the doorbell rang, echoing through the now empty house. Genesis turned her head to look at the door, seeing a familiar face looking through the window, searching to see if anyone was at home.