month two

"Okay, so I was thinking that if it's a girl we can name her Spencer and if she's a guy we name her Spencer." Spencer chatted whilst he flipped a grilled cheese on the stove.

"Did you say if she's a guy?" Mae giggled, while she munched on her pickles that she seemed to be constantly eating.

"Well, she's obviously a girl," He sent her a toothy grin. "I bet she'll have my hair, but your curls."

"If she even is a girl. I mean if they are even a girl." She corrected herself, sending him a playful glare.

"Whatever you say, pretty lady." Spencer simpered, sliding the grilled cheese onto a paper plate and passing it to his pickle-inhaling girlfriend.

"Hey, Spence! When can we get a gender test?" Mae mumbled through her mouth full of grilled cheese.

"Around four months." Spencer grinned, proud of all the research he had done on pregnancy over the past week. "Come here, I wanna see if you're showing yet." He clapped his hands together.

"You checked like two hours ago, the only visible baby over here is my food baby." She giggled, taking another bite of her sandwich.

"I'm sorry," He sighed dreamily. "I'm just so excited to meet her. How old does she have to be to hug me?"

*

"We are not calling our baby Rachel." Mae seethed, narrowing her eyes venomously at her scruffy boyfriend.

"Why not?" Spencer whined, slurping up the spaghetti he cooked minutes earlier.

"Rachel is a spoiled brat's name."

"Quinn?"

"Pregnant cheerleader."

"Ren?"

"Anime character."

"Angela?"

"Crazy cat lady."

"Robin?"

"Crazy dog lady, who is totally not right for Ted."

"What?"

"Never mind."

"You're gonna' have to work with me here, Mae." Spencer huffed, pushing away his empty bowl of spaghetti.

"How about Tana?" Mae suggested, pulling another pickle slice out of the clear jar.

"No," Spencer scrunched up nose. "I want her name to mean something."

"How about Kara?" Mae pondered quietly, "It would be a great way to show how much we loved her." She sniffled, hugging the pickle jar to her.

"You want to name our baby girl after your dead chinchilla." Spencer gave her a deadpanned glare. "You have to be kidding me."

"Come on, think about how pretty of a name is," She pouted, playing the puppy eye card, knowing Spencer had a soft spot.

His eyes softened, and he face palmed with a great sigh as he caved.

"Fine, Kara is on the table for an option."

"That was too easy." Mae smirked, placing her feet upon the table whilst gnawing on another pickle.