Chapter 23

The next day at school was much better than yesterday. When I got to chemistry Wilson was sitting in the back of the room with his eyes on me. I ignored him all class because I no longer wanted anything to do with him. The vial snake that shed its uncomfortable skin had finally emerged as the demon prince had warned me about all that time. With the fall formal coming up I knew I would need a date but Wilson was no longer on the top of the list. As the teacher instructed us to get ready for our lab assignment Rachel came running up to me in a panic.

"Regan you have to come to my house after school today. I need you to help me with picking out a dress for the formal!" She shrieked.

"Rachel you know the dance is a month away what are you so tizzy about?" I laughed as I watched her hands shake nervously handling the empty beakers.

"You don't understand. The fall formal is where you can grow your popularity and possibly get invited to sit with the groove girls."

"Who and what in the hell is a groove girl?" I asked trying to figure out why this was so important to my friend.

  "You know! The popular girls. The click that everyone wants to join." She said as she twirled at the table.

I rolled my eyes as I smiled shaking my head.

  "Rachel this whole thing is just weird. You don't need to join a group of airheads to be cool. I mean.....you have me and I'm cool enough for the both of us!" I giggled.

Rachel seemed to be pleased with my honest opinion as she always tends to be and snickered along as she silently read the instructions to our assignment. I guess the look on Wilson's face when he looked over at our table made her nervous because she inched her way over to me and placed her hand on my shoulder pulling me down to her level.

"Hey....Regs? What's up with Wilson and what happened to his face?" She asked me as she kept staring at him.

"Will you not be a creep. Stop looking at him!" I snapped.

"What! Did you see his eye? He looks like he got into a fight and lost!"

"He looks like that because he did. Twice."

Rachel looked stunned.

"When? By who?" She asked trying to control her voice so she wouldn't disturb the rest of the class.

"By Prince. Then I finished him off." I said wth a victorious smirk.

"What happened?"

I was no longer interested in having this conversation. The more I thought about yesterday the more it made me want to run over and punch him in his face again. For some reason I looked over in his direction and sure enough The was staring hard at me like a lost dog in the cold rain. Good! I savored every punch and it felt damn good. As I was drifting off to my own world of kicking Wilson's pompous ass one more time the teacher called me back to focus.

  "Miss Jenson would you mind taking this assignment to Mr. Nelson please?"

  "Yes sir." I replied before leaving my spot.

I handed Rachel the heat resistant gloves I had on and walked up to the front of the class quickly.

  "Thank you Miss Jenson. Room 209 if you please?" Mr. Trevose said handing me a Manila folder that contained the days work inside.

I took the folder and left the room with both Wilson and Rachel watching my every move until I closed the door behind me. Today feels weird without Prince around. He's always in the halls everywhere I go and as annoying as he is during the school day I have to say I don't like him being locked in one room all day long. The time passes a lot slower without him. After walking down three flights of stairs I finally reached the second floor of the building. Entering the long hall from the stairs I slowly walked to find the room that Prince was sitting in. Once I got to the door I peeked inside to find a teacher sitting at the desk reading a paper while Prince sat in the far back corner of the room by the window. He looked out at the football field while the rain fell as he tapped a light rhythm on his desktop. It made me blush a little to see him so contempt. I knocked on the door and went inside.

  "Umm excuse me? I have Prince's class assignment from chemistry. Me. Trevose sent me to bring it down." I said to the teacher.

The newspaper fell from their face slightly only uncovering their eyes.

  "You can take it to him if you like." The deep voice said from behind the days news.

I went over to his seat and slid Prince his work for the day. He smiled and mouthed a simple 'thanks' before he pulled the folder towards him. I flashed him a smile and headed back towards the door. I looked back through the window once back out in the hall and saw him staring at me. What's with everyone looking at me today? Do I have something growing from my face? He waved to me and I gave him a wave back. Prince went to start the assignment and I headed to class. Afterwards me and Rachel headed over to my locker before free period. I could hear Dez over my shoulder talking to one of the girls from the cheerleading squad trying to find a new girlfriend. It's sick how these guys run game on girl. Some of these dusty jive bitches aren't even worth it. These are my guys. If anyone dares to try to hurt them I will make their lives hell. Rachel went on her way to her last class of the day and just as I closed my locker Andre showed up.

  "Hey beautiful. Look what I made you." He said in a suave tone.

I turned to Andre to find that he was holding a blue and white pillow with my name on it. I guess his summer sewing lessons his mom had him do at camp when we were kids really paid off.

  "Wow Cymone you really are good with your hands. Too bad you still don't have a girlfriend." I joked.

  "Why you always gotta be so cold to me mama? You know I'm the one you need." He said to me.

  "Yeah right! If you were really the one I'd be with your lame ass. And I don't like lame ass guys."

"You liked Wilson and he was as lame as it got!"

  "Suck off Simon!" I hissed.

  "Hey!" He shouted before remembering where we were.

He leaned in closer to me and whispered in my ear.

  "You can't just blurt that out all loud here girl! You can get a man hurt over that." He said as he looked around.

  "Now take this token of my love that I made for you. Because I bet that ass is as soft as this pillow."

I snatched the pillow from his hand and marched my way to free period. Wait until Prince sees this shit. His best friend truly is something special.