Chapter 2

The ride in the car wasn't a quiet one. Andre was in his full character. He kept trying to touch me me with his creepy hands. I wanted to just throw him out of my mama's car but Mrs. Brenda would have a fit. Then she might have jumped down Prince's throat for not saying anything.

"Nelson please let your pervert friend back there know that I do not appreciate him touching me with his questionable hands." I snapped as I glanced at him in the rear view mirror blowing kisses at me.

"Come on Regan why you gotta act like you don't want none of this?"

I was really ready to throw him out and throw up.

"Please go jive some other girls ear off with that bullshit Cymone!"

"Baby! Ain't no other girl at this school as sweet lookin as you are! You are the diamond in my ruff. And I definitely wouldn't mind being in yours." Andre said licking his lips.

"Her what?" Prince asked confused.

"Her! Ruff!" Andre said as he started making sex sounds in the back seat.

"Nelson I'm gonna kill him!" I screamed as I drove down the block to another red light.

Andre let out a laugh as he sat back up and picked out his already huge fro.

"So we ridin' with you after school Mouse?" Andre asked.

"Skipper is but you're not!" I snapped.

"Damn! Baby you cold as ice now huh?" He asked.

"Yeah twenty below. Prince please getcha friend! Please?"

Prince giggled as he turned to Andre.

"Alright alright Cymone chill brotha. She ain't feelin it today." Prince said still smiling at him.

I'm glad they both thought being unseemly uncomfortable was funny to them. We'll see just how funny it is when they have to walk home. We finally pulled up to the school where Morris was waiting.

"Aye let me out mama. I gotta thing." Andre said as he grabbed his bag and tapped at the glass at some girl that walked by in a dress that was so short you could see her birth canal.

I stopped at the doors of the school and let Andre get out. Prince got back in the car and closed the door and looked at me with a big grin on his face.

"Don't you wanna get out and chase bitches wth your horny friend back there?" I asked him.

"What's with you? You're in a sour mood today."

"Prince it's the first day of school and Andre is being a fucking creep and you think it's funny."

"Oh come on Mouse quit all that! What's really the problem? Cymone is like that all the time and you know that. So what is it? You like him or something?"

"EWWW! FUCK NO! Don't be stupid! I don't know if I wanna be here this year."

"Why not?"

"Skipper I embarrassed the hell outta myself last spring my asking Wilson Jackson to the dance and he turned me down in front of the entire school. I can't show my face in there as the bitch who got clowned at the end of the year."

Prince giggled and I grilled him.

"It's not funny Prince!"

"I know Mouse I'm sorry but you shouldn't have done it in front of everyone. You did that all on your own."

"You're on his side!"

"You know it's not like that. He's captain of the football team and he's popular all the popular kids were gonna clown you."

"Again on his side."

"No I'm not! That's not what I'm saying!"

"Then what are you saying Skipper?"

"I'm saying you shouldn't have set the standards of your date that high when you had somebody who was willing to go to the dance with you the whole time."

"Yeah who?"

"Me!"

I widened my eyes to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

"Didn't you go to the dance with slutty Nichole Parker the cheerleader? I heard y'all got a room and she let you bone her. That's gross."

"Who said that?"

"Everybody. It was all over the school that Monday after the spring dance."

"That's a lie! I wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole! She's been around the block more than a few times. I'm almost certain she's got some type of something going on. Nu uh no ma'am don't wanna touch that!"

Prince made me giggle as he shook his head at the idea of sleeping with someone like Nicole. I should have known better than to think that he would. He's too good for her.

"Well anyways the fellas and I gotta gig tonight. You comin'?

"Sure what time?"

"It's at 9 down at old man Denny's bar. He said he'll give us a pass with getting in since it's a show and we ain't drinkin'."

"As long as I can leave by 10:30. I have to pick up my mom from the hospital tonight."

"Solid. Well I'll see you inside at home room."

Prince got out and ran up to the school and went inside. I drove over to the parking lot and parked in the far back so nobody would try to hit my moms car. I locked the doors and went to the building just as the bell rang. Walking through the familiar halls I felt my heart racing as people were staring at me just like last year. What was I thinking being so stupid and putting myself through that. I didn't care about Wilson. I was the one who was embarrassed after he laughed at me. I quickly dropped my eyes to the floor and made my way to my new locker and tested out the combination. It worked on the first try and I was never happier to hurry up and take out the extra notebooks and binders I've been carrying since I walked in. Once I emptied out my bag I placed a small mirror on my locker door and fixed my puffy ponytail then put on a little lip shimmer. I took a deep breath and closed my locker door only to find a face that I wasn't ready to see standing just on the other side.

"Hello Regan!"

"Wilson!"

My sophomore year just got interesting and it's only the first day.