His Butler, Offering (part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Somehow I doubt the tea bit is really a requirement", Ciel said while sounding kinda bored. Tanaka laughed in the background.

"Might I ask what brings you here today?", Sebastian asked. Ash looked back at the four of us.

"Ah, yes", he said as if just remembering. "Outside of Preston there's a Catholic abbey that was burned down during the Reformation, and is no longer in use. A cult espousing deviant doctrines is gathering there. We have heard that its leader has the Doomsday Books of all followers."

"You mean the land registers, where their livestock and property are recorded?", Ciel asked. "But why would he want to know that?" Ash gained a rather serious look.

"No, the Doomsday Books they revere are of a different sort", he corrected. "They are registers required when you stand before the Lord in heaven on Doomsday... the Day of Judgment. All your sins and good works are supposedly recorded there."

Ciel put a hand to his head in exasperation. "The occult again?", he asked.

"There are rumors that they plan to revolt against the government", Ash explained. "Her Majesty laments that the people of Preston are quaking in fear of these heretics." Ash made a grieving face as Ciel crossed his arms and looked at him impatiently.

"And? Are you telling me to disperse them, or to eradicate them?", he asked. He and Ash made eye contact as Ash smirked.

"We leave that decision to you", he replied as he bowed his head respectfully.

"Very well", Ciel said. Suddenly, a shadow covered most of the window, which was providing light to the room, and the figure began to hit the glass. Pluto was barking in his human form outside with his tongue hanging out of his mouth and smiling while we all looked at him. "Pluto?"

Pluto continued to hit the glass excitedly, until I saw Ash glare at him from the corner of my eye. He immediately stopped and his eyes widened slightly in shock as his smile turned into an open-mouthed frown. He looked down sadly and began to whine as he crawled away from the window. Ash turned back to us as I began to wonder about what happened. Pluto wouldn't obey someone without knowing them at least.

"Who is that?", Ash asked.

"Just a servant", Sebastian replied with his smile. Ash smiled slightly as well, but it seemed to give off a more uneasy air than before.

"I see. He seems amusing", he said. Sebastian glared at Ash as he looked back at the window. I hadn't seen Sebastian glare at many people, meaning Ash had done something Sebastian hadn't liked at the very least.

<Time Skip>

Soon, Ash had left the manor, leaving everything a tad more peaceful.

"Well, what now?", Ciel asked as Sebastian served him a piece of Victoria Sponge Cake.

"According to Ash, the abbey is heavily guarded", I recalled.

"So it would be difficult to go in through the front door...", Ciel replied.

"Incidentally, he also mentioned that a large number of coffins have been delivered there in recent days", Sebastian said. Ciel had been about to put a piece of the cake in his mouth before stopping at the new information.

"Coffins?", he asked before sighing. "Claire, please go change. We're going to town." I nodded and left the room to do as I was told.

<Time Skip>

We stood outside Undertaker's funeral parlor before Sebastian opened the door for Ciel and I.

"We're coming in!", Ciel called in as he led me in by my arm, as he usually did in public and sometimes at the manor. Undertaker laughed from by a coffin.