Chapter 15: Code Breaker

[ A/N: remember when Ethan lowkey– in a classy manner might I add– snatched Jack on 11.05.17. from 9:41 – 9:49??? Yeah me too. I'm still shook to the core. Still quaking in my boots. ]

Mia's POV

I guess I should leave after today. They've sheltered me for 3 days and I think that's enough. I've burdened them enough.

"I'm gonna go pack my stuff." I stood up.

"No no. You're still seeing double. Sit down." Ethan grabbed my arm.

"But I have to get out of here soon. I can't stay at Casa de la Dolan forever."

"You can pack once your vision is normal."

"Who are you? My dad?" I laughed.

"If he isn't gonna properly take care of you, then I'm going to."

I kissed him, "I'll be fine. I'll call you later okay?"

I drove home and thought about the conversation that could be made once I got home.

"Hello?" I put my keys on the counter, "hello?"

My aunt walked out of the kitchen.

"You're still here?" I asked.

"Welcome home."

"Wait... Why are you still here?"

"Why are you still with Ethan?" she asked.

"Because I want to be."

"Dating him is against the code and–"

"I don't care about your stupid code. I'm not going to live by it. You guys can, but I'm not going to. It's your code, not mine."

"You have to understand that he's dangerous."

"No he's not. If you took the time to see what kind of werewolf he really is, then you'd know. He's not a killer. He's not dangerous. Not all monsters do monstrous things." I lightened my tone.

"I'm not going to stand here and be disrespected like that."

"How is this disrespect?" I sighed, "I'm not going to argue about this anymore. I'm gonna keep seeing Ethan and do whatever I can to make sure you don't hurt him. There are far worse things out there. And those things are 10x more dangerous than Ethan ever will be."

"I'm going to bed. Your parents will be home later this week. We can all discuss it then." she started walking away.

"There's nothing to discuss but okay." I mumbled.

"What was that?"

"I said good night."

"Oh and Mia."

"Yes?"

"We just want to keep you safe."

"Good night, Aunt Nessa."

Ethan: how'd everything go???

Me: no one tried to kill me if that's what you're asking

Ethan: did you get interrogated??

Me: I just got asked why I'm still with you and that you're dangerous.
In which I replied saying you're not and I'm with you because I want to be.
I'm not gonna let them hurt you.
Not again.

Ethan: if they do, I'll be alright. They've almost killed me 3 times. I'll be okay if they go for four 🤷🏻‍♂️

Me: get sum sleep, I'll see you tmrw

Ethan: luvv u

Me: luvv u 2

I locked my phone.

I'm still absorbing the fact that I was born and raised in a family of hunters. I guess my family has come to multiple, life threatening encounters with werewolves that make them believe they're all insane. Ethan proves otherwise. I just wish they'd see that.

The following morning, Ethan texted me.

Ethan: did you see Jack's tweet???

Me: what tweet...

I proceeded to pull up twitter to see that Jack had tweeted about Brie.

@JackDail: so glad I left that HIV infected, mentally ill, cancerous bitch. What a weight off my shoulders.

I had to reply to that tweet.

Me: are you fucking srs rn? Those are topics you should NEVER make fun of. It's smthn you cannot fucking control. I knew you were a bad person, but I never thought you'd stoop THIS low. I hope you rot.

Then Ethan tweeted a few words of his own.

@EthanDolan: Disappointed by all the negativity lately... people will say anything for a reaction. Don't stoop.. rise above.

@EthanDolan: People don't want you to be happy when they aren't happy... smile at them:)

@EthanDolan: People try to drag you down because they want company in their misery. Keep your head up and let them be miserable

I can't believe I'm dating a woke king.

Nate even jumped in which was kind of a surprise to be completely honest with you.

@NateKGarner: throwing shade ain't going to make you shine

Mental illness and cancer and HIV and all that shit is uncontrollable. I don't think he thinks about what he's going to tweet. He's a fucking dumbass but we been knew.