Chapter 28

Edward's P.O.V

The stinging pain in my head woke me up the next morning. There was a nonstop zing going on in my head, followed by the hammering that seems to be going on against my brain. I groan, gripping the side on the bed. Maybe it wasn't that good of an idea to get wasted last night but I really needed it. I still need it.

That's when a soft hand reached over and softly caresses the side of my face. I groan again, opening and closing my eyes completely when the light makes the pain worse.

"Hey, baby."

My eyes snap open at the sound of her voice, ignoring the pain that comes when the light blinds me. I roll on my back, ignoring the pain in my head. Her face is the first thing I see. Her glowing, beautiful face looks back at me. She softly caresses the side of my face, leaning over me until our noses are pressed together and our lips are inches from each other. Completely shocked, I reach over and cup her soft cheek in my hand.

"It's okay," she whispers to me, her warm breath hitting my face like a feather. "I'm here, baby. I'm here. It's okay."

"Bella," I groan, twirling my fingers between her hair. "You're here?" Am I dreaming? Is she really here?

She smiles at me her beautiful smile that I love so much. She lays her chin against my chest and pulls my hair away from my forehead.

"Of course I'm here," she said with a small chuckle. "I'm always going to be here, baby." Bella leans forward again and says against my lips, "I. Love. You. Edward Cullen. Edward. Edward. Edward..."

That's when I woke up.

"Edward!" I open my eyes, in the same position I was before I woke up to before. On my stomach with my hand gripping the edge of the bed and now my mother is shaking my awake. "Edward, wake up! Oh, God, what have you done?"

"What?" I sit up on the bed and look the three empty bottle of Jack Daniels on the floor, the fourth - half full - I'm holding on my left hand. I groan, trying to get off the bed but I end up falling on the ground, head first.

"Oh, God. Carlisle come in here!" My mother yelled, trying to pull me to my feet.

I grip the sides of my head. "Stop f-fucking yelling."

"You're still drunk," she muttered as she pushed me on the bed. I fall on my back and groan again at the pain. My father walks in the room shortly after. "Look! Look at your son!"

"Stop... Yelling."

"Esme, leave me deal with this. Go get Sam," my father calmly said.

I heard my mother sigh and leave the room. I'm half aware of what's going on around me. Next thing I know, my father forces me to take a cold shower, wash my teeth and shave. He said Sam couldn't see me like this. I was almost in all my senses when I walked out of the bathroom, but the killer headache was still there. I take the pill and water he offers me and sit on the bed.

"Where were you last night?" He asked in a stern tone.

I grimace at the sound of his voice. "Could you not be so loud? My head is killing me."

"Answer the damn question, Edward."

I sigh, trying to remember what I did last night. Nothing. My mind is completely blank. I remember nothing from last night. I groan just thinking about it. I could have done anything last night and the last thing I remember is being at Tanya's, but after that everything is either blank or simply blurry.

"I must have blacked out," I said under my breath. My father sighs but doesn't say anything. "Where is Sam?"

"Your mother has him."