Chapter 19

Edward's P.O.V

As we drove home I debated myself on whether to ask Bella for the truth or not. Tanya seemed so sure, a little confused by the facts but she was she it was Bella. I don't believe it was Bella, maybe she was remembering something else or just trying to get us both against each other. I don't know. I groan, rubbing my forehead with my index finger. All this thinking is giving me a headache.

I park the car in our driveway and turn off the engine. Bella doesn't move and neither do I. We both sit there in silence until I finally come to a conclusion and ask her.

"Did you do it?"

Bella glared at me before getting her seatbelt off and slamming the car door behind her. The slam wakes Sam up and he starts to cry. Bella gets him out of the car before slamming the car door again and going inside the house. I do the same, slamming my own door and running in behind her.

"I asked you a question," I snapped when I saw her placing Sam in his crib. "Bella, I asked you a fucking question."

"And I answered that same question yesterday," she snapped back. "I told you what happened, why don't you believe me?"

"Because I've seen her scar, Bella," I remarked angrily. "Someone attacked her and she claims it was you." Bella shakes her head and walks toward the kitchen. "I don't care if you-"

"If you didn't, you wouldn't ask!"

"Listen to me, goddammit!" I yell, making Sam cry. He hates yelling. "I don't care if you did attack her, what I care is whether or not you're telling me the truth! Tanya could charge you for this-"

"It'll be real fucking rich if she did!" Bella yelled back as she grabbed a glass of water. 

"Just answer the goddamn question, Bella! Did you or did you not attack her?!"

Bella throws the glass against the fridge, making Sam cry harder. I just stand there looking at her and waiting for the fucking answer.

"I did!" She yelled. "I did it." She leaned against the counter, her hands gripping the sides tightly as her body shook. "I came down to look for Sam's bottle when I saw her through the window. She was coming this way. I was mad, pissed that she even dared to show up at our house so I grabbed Seth's ashtray he left in the living room. When I opened the door, I took the first swing. It didn't do much or at least I didn't think I did so I grabbed her by the side of her head with one hand and with the other I struck her harder two more times and then I pushed her off the patio. She hit her head again and looked at me for half a second before she passed out." Bella paused and bit her lip. "I thought she was dead so I threw the tray to the woods and wiped the blood off my hand before calling your name."

I stepped back and sighed. This can't be good, it can't bring any good. I walk out of the house and head toward the start of the woods that's just a few feet from our house. If Bella threw it, it couldn't have gone too far. I begin to walk in the woods when my foot finally kicks it. The ashtray is covered in dirt so I carefully pick it up shake the dirt and leaves off of it.

I sigh looking at the tray in my hand. It's covered in dried up blood, there's no doubt that if anyone saw this they would come to the conclusion this was used as a weapon. This could be doing count against us, against Bella if it's ever found.

I walk back inside my house and leave the tray on the counter. Bella looks at me with both shock and curiosity as I walk to our closet and take a shovel out.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

I don't answer. I grab both the tray and the shovel and walk to our back yard. Bella follows me and stops by the door as I continue to walk to the end of our backyard. I drop the bloody tray on the grass and begin to dig a hole, deep enough to make sure this damn thing is never found. I dig up the whole, drop the tray in it and cover it up again all under Bella's watch.