02 | finite

[ dedicated to @nosekissed because her stories look freaking amazing and i have literally all of them in my library and i'm dying to read them when i get the time. thank you for reading and supporting this story! <3 ]

PAPER HEARTS | 02

Isla Evans loved Micah Matthews with the entirety of her heart, with every fiber of her being. He owned her, completely and wholeheartedly, but more often than not she got the feeling that she would never have Micah the way he had her. His attention would always be divided - a quarter going to her and the rest going to Ellie Harte.

He was unnaturally good at rooting out any seeds of doubt Isla planted in her head - she had yet to catch onto his methods. For every time Isla caught his gaze lingering on Ellie for too long, Micah made sure to feather enough kisses along her collarbone to dispel any and all of her thoughts. Whenever she thought Micah was standing too close to Ellie, he made sure to stand even closer to Isla - just until he started to pulse against her, until she could feel her sudden warmth radiating against his skin.

She took his bait without a question only as long as he continued to treat her like he wanted her.

What Isla and Micah had was, in fact, love - just misguided.

Love was a violent flutter in the chest, a sudden loss of breath; when someone was so lost in the confinements of depending on someone else, that they lost the mental capacity to think for themself. It was a bug - a disease without a cure. Infectious as it passed through the air in wisps, it destroyed from the inside but embraced from the outside. Infinite was when love ran bone deep, rippling through hearts from the core.

More often than not, love was finite.

It was halted by dirty secrets and superficial interests. It reached an impasse as truth and trust held onto each other by a worn thread. With the lies so rooted into the foundations, sweet nothings floated into space. What were promises when they were filled with nothing but weightless words?

• • •

There was one benefit to Ellie working the afternoon shift at the clinic: she wouldn't be around to see Micah take Isla to his bedroom nor would she be around to hear all the things he did to Isla. He didn't need her knowing that while he talked to Isla, he was thinking of her; thinking of asking her how work was, if she needed a head massage, what she wanted to do before bed. He didn't need her knowing that he was always thinking of running his hand through her silken, blonde hair, flicking her button nose until her lips pulled into a half-smile half-grimace.

He didn't need her knowing what she did to him.

Micah had thrown his shirt aside and had propped his arms behind his head as he leaned against the bed's backboard. He watched intently as Isla wandered around the bathroom, the door cracked open, in nothing more than her bra and panties. She ran a hand over the love bites along the hollow of her neck and the swell of her breasts. Her fingers moved deftly, putting pressure wherever the purple-red polka dots blossomed on her skin.

Her face popped up in the doorframe. "You really need to lighten up with the rough play."

He flashed her a coy smile. Micah beckoned her forward with the tilt of his chin, and whenever he called, Isla always came. Micah wrapped an arm around her naked waist as she neared the bedside. She squealed as she fell into his lap, hands braced on his chest as he cradled the back of her head. Isla tried to pull away, but he only tightened his grip. "I thought you liked it," he murmured against her chin.

"Not the aftermath." Isla's head tilted back, giving Micah better access.

"Don't lie. You like that too."

"Fine, I like that too. I just don't like cleaning up the mess you make."

His voice was husky. The mischievous smile was back. His fingers hooked around the waistband of her underwear. "Then let me clean it up myself."

Isla twisted, pressing her back flush against his chest. Her hair was still damp from the shower she'd taken earlier and the cold water against his warm skin was enough to make him shudder against her. She must've mistook his shiver for pleasure because she ground her hips, quickly and subtly against his. Micah's resolve was quick to dissolve - when she drew her hair out front, his lips were already occupying the freed space. Isla's hands roamed, struggling with his belt buckle. Micah was still in his work clothes, but he wasn't worried about staining them - he couldn't worry.

"I've been craving you all day, you know that?" he groaned. His teeth snagged her earlobe; his tongue followed to tickle the sweet spot behind her ear. Isla had managed to rip his belt free of its loop and her fingers were hooked in one of his pockets. Her bra clasp popped open, the silken material falling in a pool at her tucked feet. Somehow, while he'd been focused on sponging kisses down her neck, collar, arm, he'd slipped her underwear off. Isla's free hand slipped between her thighs.

She turned to straddle him. He was hard against her bare skin - painfully hard. Micah let his eyes flutter when her mouth began to move. Her tongue left a wet trail down his abdomen, pausing at the button of his pants. When Isla looked at him, up and over her lashes, he swore - her dark blue eyes were radiant and undoubtedly hungry. "How will you ever curb that craving?"

"You know very well how." He barely managed to bite out the words - she was already dragging his pants down the length of his legs.

"Say the words, Micah."

He eased her onto her back, his chest pinned against hers. His head swooped down to capture her breast in his mouth, and a moan slipped past her lips. She bucked against his naked body, now that she had finally managed to slip his boxers down to his ankles. "I'm going to fuck you hard, Isla."

"How hard?"

Micah flipped her onto her knees, knocked her legs apart to give himself ample room. When he fisted her hair and pulled, the wicked smile playing on her lips was almost enough to throw him over the edge. "So hard that for tomorrow and every day following, your lips will only be able to say one word."

"What word?"

"Micah."

With Isla, it was only ever rough, carnal sex. It was Micah pounding her ass and her screaming his name into the pillow until her voice was hoarse. Isla liked it when he started off short, fleeting - building up to slow, long, powerful thrusts - ones strong enough to reverberate through her body. It was always her talking dirty, him slapping her ass until it was red, and her taking him in her mouth until they both had nothing else to give. Isla always equalled toe-curling sex that left them both numb even the next morning.

It would've been different with Ellie. She would've liked to take it slow - a proper build up for a complete climax.

"Harder, Micah," Isla hissed.

"That would mean breaking you."

He paused with his thrusts, letting her catch her breath. "Then I want you to fucking destroy me."

Perhaps nice, quick fucks weren't all bad, Micah thought as he lowered his head between Isla's legs.

At least, that's what he would be telling himself until he could get a taste of Ellie.   

• • •  

a/n: firstly, i apologize for my absence! i was on vacation thanksgiving week and had no service until i returned, which is why i didn't wish you all for thanksgiving. on that note, happy belated thanksgiving to everyone! i hope you all had a wonderful day! once i got back home and had service, i couldn't log on because i was so bogged down with schoolwork. i haven't sleep more than 4 hours this week so i'm a little tired haha. i hoped to update this before i left for vacation but clearly that's not how things went down, haha. anyway, i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! y'all now know the intensity of some of the content so, again, if you aren't mature enough for this, no biggie. just stop reading. i don't want to taint your innocence haha. thank you all so much for the support on this story! it really means a lot! i hope to talk to everyone soon <3 (also, i finished crooked kingdom last week and i'm crying someone help me) (also the midseason finale for how to get away with murder has me so shook and dead inside someone help me)