And Emma just continued to sip on her margarita.

~

David smiled back at Snow they clicked their champagne flutes together. They were out at the only other restaurant that was open during Pan's reign here in Storybrooke, besides Granny's Diner. It was quite elegant, and not a lot of people were there, due to the fears of Pan, but to the brave souls who didn't let his terror ruin their Valentine's, they proudly sat at that fine restaurant, Snow and Charming being one of them.

Snow smiled back at her husband and slowly drank her champagne.

"This is the first time we have had a break from all the trouble that has been going on lately." David said and Snow nodded.

"I worry, David. Especially about Evelina. It's obvious Pan won't give up his persuasion on Evie and we don't know what will happen if she gives into his-"

"Snow, please, not tonight. We have every other night to talk about it. But tonight it's just about-" David was cut off when Regina suddenly walked in and interrupted.

"Evelina's in trouble."

David gave a loud huff and threw his napkin on his plate of half eaten food.

"-us."

~

"She's missing?!" David exclaimed loudly and Regina glanced at Henry. David turned to his grandson who shifted his feet.

"Well, when I went upstairs she was watching that weird movie,
but then when it ended, I didn't hear her crying like I usually do after she watches it, so I figured something was wrong... she was gone."

After Henry finished explaining, David was even more stressed than what he had begun with. Snow wasn't any better, but she tried her best to think of positive thoughts.

"Where would she have gone?" Snow questioned, and Hook interrupted before anyone could answer.

"Or if she was forced to go..." he said while trailing off and Snow stiffened. She couldn't even think of that and now, images of what could happen to Evelina were lodged in her head.

"Pan. You believe he's behind this?" Regina asked.

"It wouldn't be the first time."

~

The little girl peeked out from behind a pillar as she watched her father interact with a couple of his nobles.

"He could be a spy from the Southern Isles, your majesty. I say out to the snow with him. Let Mother Nature take his life." One of the nobles said and others mumbled in agreement. The king shook his head and slammed his hands down on the table before him.

"He's just a boy! He will not be left out to freeze and rot. He stays in the infirmery, end of discussion. Dismissed." The king walked out, not wasting another one of his breaths with the ignorant men. The little girl hid once her father walked past the pillar she was using as her hiding spot. She waited until everyone had left before she walked out and headed towards the castle's infirmery, . She strolled down a couple flights of cobble stairs and finally saw the door to the infirmery. She knocked on it softly and waited for it to be opened by the castle's healer, Balthazar. When the man did open the door he peered down at the little girl before giving a slight bow of his head.

"Your grace, what are you doing down here at such a late hour?" He asked and the little girl fiddled her fingers.

"I heard there's a boy that survived the snow. May I see him?" She asked innocently, and the healer saw no harm in that. He opened the door more to let her slip in, and then gave a quick glance of his surroundings before he shut the door.

The princess saw the boy lying on the spare bed. He had pale skin, which she guessed was the effect of the cold. He looked around the age of 7-8, just like the young princess.

"Is he dead?" She asked and Balthazar shook his head with a low chuckle.

"No, your grace, he will live a good, long life. This is merely an obstacle he had to face." He reassured the little one with his soft voice. Balthazar soon left the room and left the princess alone with the boy. She sat and waited for him to wake.

And she waited.

And waited.

And then waited some more.

And each day she would return to see if he had awoken.

Until eventually she stopped waiting.

*unedited*