Chapter 11

She's So Lonesome She Could Cry

"Evelina! Please come home!" Evelina heard Snow's voice ring through the forest but Evelina refused to show herself. She was hidden up in a tree, with thick leaves creating a hiding spot for her. Her legs were up against her chest and she had her face buried in her arms. Her hair that was once in a nice braid now had strands flying around freely. Her eyes were tired and she struggled to keep them open.

After her crying fest on the beach, she headed towards the woods, where she knew it would be harder for the Charming's to find her. She debated whether she should just go home and deal with her family but in the end, she decided a bit of isolation would be good.

Once she knew that the Snow wasn't near her, she climbed down and began walking towards the darkest part of the Storybrooke forest.

She was skittish as she walked through the woods. Every sound frightened her and she suddenly remembered her fear of the dark.

"Oh boy. Why do I have to be such a weenie..." she mumbled to herself as she continued walking. She rubbed her arms up and down for comfort as she searched for the perfect tree. It took a while, but Evelina rejoiced when she found a stunning oak tree. She carefully moved some of its branches away to make a small clearing in its leaves before throwing her hands forward.

Ice started to leave from the palms of her hands. It slowly began to form into a structure, which she hoped would become a treehouse. Slowly and surely, the ice began to take its form. The small treehouse was covered by the leaves of the oak tree. Evelina was glad she had found a place of solitude.

She climbed the ice ladder she had made up into the tree, and then she melted the ladder away so no one could reach her. She laid sprawled out on the floor as she groaned from all the exercise she had to endure in a single day.

Evelina wanted to take a rest.

~

"Fifty-five buckets of ice on the wall, fifty-five buckets of ice..." Evelina sang softly to herself. After a nap that felt like it lasted a century (even though it was only 10 minutes), she was now lost in worried thoughts.

Would the Charming's find her and make her leave? Were they sending her away because they were tired of her?

Evelina's mind could not stop spinning.

"Fifty-four buckets of ice on the wall...."

Evelina suddenly screamed when a hand was clamped over her mouth. She elbowed the person and punched them in the stomach.

"Drittsekk! La meg !" She screamed in her native tongue. When she finally saw who it was, she narrowed her eyes and frowned.

"You! What are you doing here!?" Evelina screeched when she saw the familiar blond hair. It was the same boy who worked for Pan.

His name is something stupid like Frank or Felix... Evelina thought to herself as she stared at the boy who was hunched over in pain. She then remembered that the blond boy worked for the bad guy and she froze his hands and his legs as well. She crossed her arms before glaring at him.

"He sent you, didn't he? What does he want from me now? I am in no mood to deal with his dramatic ass."

"Pan wishes to see you," he said. Evelina frowned.

"How did you even find me?" She asked, completely ignoring the fact that Pan wanted to see her.

"Easy. Magic," he said. Evelina narrowed her eyes at him and turned away.

"I don't want to go."

"Not like you have a choice," he said but Evelina had to hold back a chuckle.

"Says the one that's restrained by ice," she snapped. The boy chuckled mockingly.

"I came nicely to receive you, so it would be wise of you to do as he said," Felix suggested with his monotone voice. Evelina growled and crossed her arms again.

"I don't want to go," she replied stubbornly.

"Then he himself will come looking for you. And trust me when I say this, Miss Frost, he won't be very nice."

The boy suddenly disappeared in a cloud of magic with no warning.

Evelina cautiously looked around, half expecting Pan to pop up out of nowhere.

When she didn't find anyone she immediately jumped down to the forest ground and took off running at a high speed towards the town. She was too afraid to even spend another second in the dark forest.

She didn't notice that she left a trail of ice behind her as she ran.

~

"Hold your hands firm. Don't be afraid. Where's the fun in that?"

The girl frowned as the ice continued to form quickly. She couldn't stop it, she couldn't control it. Instead, she just slipped on her gloves as quickly as possible.

"Fear is all I feel."

"Well then that's a problem, don't you think?"

"I guess so."

"I never thought I'd see the day when someone actually wants to grow up! Girls are strange..."

"... Says the boy who flies with fairies."

"You do believe in them, right?"

"What? Do you mean fairies? Why should I?"

"Why shouldn't you? You have ice powers. I can fly. Magic is all around you. You just have to have faith to see it."

"Faith doesn't just grow on trees. It doesn't come to some naturally. It's like trust. I don't trust you."

"You should."

"And why should I?"

"Why shouldn't you?"

*unedited*