Chapter 44: Worst Nightmare

Start from the beginning

He stumbled back, staff held up in a defencive position.

"You shouldn't be able to use your powers so well,' he said,the fear evident in his voice, "It should have taken you years."

I smiled at him, "It's not that hard to use them you know. All I need to do is imagine."

The king narrowed his eyes pointing his staff towards me, "It is very hard to use, especially in battle."

"That's why I close my eyes," I replied, "It makes it a lot easier to imagine."

The king snarled at me, then shot one of the darkness balls. Instead of trying to dodge or block it, I reached out my hand and caught it, letting a white glow emit from it. The king gasped in shock.

"You should know that you have no chance of winning," I said, "I can do almost anything with this power, and I mean anything."

The king was swetting.

'He's getting nervous,' I said to Reflamen with a slight chuckle.

'Why wouldn't he?' replied Reflamen, 'He is versing probably the most powerful person in the history of man kind.'

I smiled, 'I'm not that powerful, I just have a really big imagination.'

Reflamen snorted.

'Not that powerful,' he said, more to himself then anyone else.

I chuckled and went back to the king. He looked at me with a snarl on his face. He suddenly raised his staff and jumped right towards me, raising it well above his head. He let it crash down on my swords. I smiled at him then twisted, knocking his legs from under him. 

He fell to the ground, then suddenly twisted, getting out of the way of the next sword stroke I had aimed at him. I then jumped over him, landing on the other side, then stabbed my sword towards his head, but his staff knocked it out of the way. He cast a spell at me, causing me to block it, allowing him enough time to get back up.

He got to his feet, puffing with exhaustion. He then charged at me, stabbing in the process. I knocked the trident aside then elbowed Oreman in the nose, again. He fell back then quickly rolled back to his feet. He snarled again, charging in and swinging recklessly. I easily blocked his every blow, not bothering to strike back.

Suddenly the dark trident turned black, a deep pich black, and everytime the king swung at me it left a trail of darkness behind.

'Look out Derrick,' said Reflamen, 'He's starting to get angry, and you know what that means?'

I nodded my head, 'Don't worry though, I'll soon have this welp under control.'

The king's strokes were getting faster and faster, so fast in fact that I was having trouble keeping up with them, but I could still imagine and I did. I imagined myself matching his every move, then suddenly I found an opening, it was very slight, but it was there. I jurked my handle and hit the king in the belly with all my might. The king went flying back, hitting one of the broken walls with so much strength that he broke through it. 

I smiled at him as he slowly got up.

"How are you so fast?" he said, "Even with the magic of the trident I still can't even land a hit on you. Even with your imagination you wouldn't be that good, not in a million years."

"Apperantly you're wrong," I said, swing one of my swords casually over my shoulder, "I can make myself as fast as I want, a bit like one of the magical blades."

The king stumbled to his feet and looked at me, eyes filled with rage, "YOU WILL DIE FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!"

He hit the ground with the sharp end of the trident, causing a huge darness shockwave to fly towards me. I just smiled and jumped, right over the darkness, and landed on the other side.

"You were evil," I said, "You needed to be delt with, and now your in my world, in my town, you will feel my wrath. You killed everyone here, everyone except for the few people that found refuge behind that forcefield."

The king laughed, "But you created me. You made this all happen. Without you, none of this would have happened."

"Which is why I'm going to fix it," I said, "Starting off with destroying you."

I desummoned my left blade. I leveled my hand at the king, then suddenly a burst of white light shot forth, right at the king. Oreman rolled out of the way, then retaliated with a blast of his own dark magic. I just swatted it aside, leaving a dark shadow behind. 

The king lept towards me, his staff over his head ready for a swing. I jumped to the right, dodging it, then ducked, the staff narrowly missing my head. I then kicked out at the king, catching his belly. I hit the staff with a mighty blow, knocking it right from the kings hands. It flew away into the rubble. I put my two swords against the kings neck. He froze. Even with a simple movement, I could chop of his head.

He stared at me, anger plasted on his face. I opened my eyes, letting go of the imagination, and stared right back at him.

"This is where it all ends Oreman," I said, "I want you to look into my eyes when you die. You will regret what you have done."

Oreman stared defiantly at me, red slightly creeping into his eyes. Suddenly he smiled.

"You won't kill me," he said, "I'm unarmed and completely helpless. Even you wouldn't stoop to that level."

I glared at him, "Look into my eyes Oreman, you can see that I will not hesitate."

"Oh really," said Oreman smiling, "But how can you kill me... When you way over there!"

Suddenly I felt a huge force slam into my belly. I went flying straight into a pile of rubble, hitting my head in the process. I saw the king suddenly summon the staff to his hand, he pointed it at me, gathering the energy, then shot.

I couldn't imagine, my head was to dizzy, and there was no time. I tried to get up, but it hurt just to bad. I didn't know what went wrong, it all happened so suddenly. 

'I'm sorry Reflamen,' I said, looking at the ground.

'No,' replied Reflamen, 'I'm sorry.'

Suddenly he landed right in front of me, taking the blast full force. He screamed as the darkness began to eat him up. He struggled against breathing a blast of hot fire,

"REFLAMEN!" I screamed.

Then the darkness ball exploded and Reflamen was flung high into the air, then he landed right in front of me, dead.

"REFLAMEN!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, new chapter. I hope this wasn't to much of a shock. Remeber the book hasn't ended yet and many things could happen. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed, vote and comment if you did. I'll post the next chapter ASAP. See Ya!

Pennator^^