14 | Ablaze

Elation and excitement

Elation and excitement. These were the feelings she had been missing; the ones that filled the void within herself.

"You'll regret it in the morning, though," her shadowed self warned her.

No! Even if the world around her came crashing down at this very moment, she wouldn't regret it. Darkness. Darkness was what she entailed: it was her life, it was something that enshrouded her mind, and refused to leave her alone.

At one point, she hadn't minded the dark world of the ghouls, but after the incident that ended it all, it petrified her. Afraid of what she was, of what she could be, and of the very ghoul that set her heart ablaze. Uta wasn't exactly the light that swept away the dark. However, he was the one who made her feel as though who she was, was exactly who she should be.

Even if other people expected her to be a more ruthless kind of ghoul.

"He's the same. They are all the same. Your father, him, and even you."

Lies! They're not the same. Uta may have ruined everything that was dear to her, but he wasn't the same as her father. She wouldn't accept it, if he was. Even if she was afraid of the darkness, it was exactly what she needed.

At this moment of time, (y/n) was still on her ghoul rampage. The sultry smile still stuck to her lips, and she drawled the name of the man she loved.

Uta tried to stop the smirk spreading on his face. How long had he wanted to see this and had wanted her to be who she used to be? Longing. Forever longing. His blood boiled beneath the surface, and he hid it behind that handsome, stoic mask of his.

(Y/n) looked up at the male who towered over, and their gazes locked. The heat in both of their hearts was once again set ablaze.

 The heat in both of their hearts was once again set ablaze