chapter four.

"I don't... I don't get it."
I furrow my eyebrows.

The eldest man sighs.
"We've taken you in, you're now apart of our group."

"Gang."
One them the guys says.

"Shh."
He huffs.
"I'm Jb."

"My name is Aspen!"

JB holds his hand out, shaking his hand as the boy smiles.
"Welcome to the Onyx Tribe, young man."

Okay, JB's name is Jacey Barakat, and to put it simply, he's God to everyone in the Onyx Tribe, basically. If you're in his close circle, you can call him father, Jb, J, or Barakat.

Since he's the oldest, he has a natural fatherly natural about him, which is why people will call him father.

The heavy pod door opens, catching the attention of almost everyone, if not all of them.

"No fuckin' way..."
The southern man with pretty eyes breathes out, attention fixated towards the front of the pod.

"Is that..?"

"Yes."
Jb nods.
"It is."

A tall man walks over to our table, muscles bulging out the t-shirt of his uniform. He sits down next to JB, in front of Aspen, and clears his throat.

"Father..."
He says, an Australian accent masking his raspy speech.
"I'm begging for your forgiveness."

JB clasps his hands together and pokes his cheek with his tongue.

"Please, sir."
The man pleads.
"I'm sorry."

"Dekedrian, we don't kill people."

"I-I'm very sorry."
He chews on his bottom lip, fingernails scratching at his wrist.

The big man in charge purses his lips before turning to face the Aussie and pressing their foreheads together.

"Welcome back, son."

The other man's face lit up, it seemed as if he really thought that he wasn't going to get to be with his family again, and that was kinda sad.

He hugged several of the members and kissed one of their cheeks, he was clearly an affectionate man, especially when it came to Leyton and Jonah.

After a little while, he finally sits back down while everyone calms down. He taps his fingernails on the table top slowly, eyeing Aspen when he notices the boy looking at me.

"Boo."
He says, grinning.

Aspen blushes, looking down at his lap with a smile on his face.

"Your name is Aspen..?"
The older says slowly, more of a question than a statement.

"Yes, sir."

"My name is Brileigh."
He reaches his hand over, finding the boy's smaller one filling the empty space pretty quickly.