Chapter 7

Shadowstep growled in frustration. Nobody here could hunt! Only her. After all, that's why she was assigned by Sunstar to teach the clan to hunt. Of course, she showed her a few tricks and improvments here and there. Bluetail would train them fighting later. "Whitewhisker, keep low. Duskpelt, NEVER let your belly fur brush the ground. It will alert your prey. " Finally! Cats were listening to her and doing great. They just needed to keep it up. "Okay. How about Pinefur, Bluetail, Whitewhisker and, maybe, Duskpelt. You go look for prey by the Breezeclan border. A rabbit might have crossed the border. The rest of us will go by Thornclan's border. Even Peppersneeze will come, I don't care that she's a medicine cat. She can still be a good warrior. She will train, too. "Keep low! Oh, and a hunting tip, stay light on your paws. The prey will hear you before it sees or smells you." She added, having to yowl for them to hear her as they ran off. Soon other people could hunt besides her.

Bluetail took over. He was pretty good at fighting after training with Sunstar for a while. A long while, acctually. "Okay, so we have the rest of the day to learn fighting." He glared at shadowstep, sinse she took a while to teach them. She just ignored  him. "Shadowstep will attack me and I will demonstrate this first technique. Shadowstep, attack me." He just barely finished speaking when she pounced on him. He dodged to one side and she aimed a hard blow to one ear. He ducked just barely quick enough and jumped as high as he could and landed squarely on her shoulders. His claws were sheathed when he scratched her ear. "Okay, did everyone see what we did?" They all nodded. He paired Whitewhisker with Duskpelt, Peppersneeze with Pinefur,  "Nightfur, you will need to be with Sunstar. Will you fetch her?" He had asked him. He would be with Shadowstep. They were sent of to practice the move with their partners. "Okay, now we will learn a new one. Same partners. He said after they practiced. " Shadowstep launched herself over to Bluetail. He ducked down, and with his claws sheathed, scratched her belly fur. She jumped up and landed on his shoulders. He spun all the way around a few times and jumped up and twisted in the air. Shadowstep landed on the ground and he put a forepaw over her belly and the other on her neck. "Try it. The other cat attack now." He and Shadowstep checked on everyone, then he taught her the next move so she could attack. She threw herself at him and he jumped up over her and spun around, clawing her back with sheathed claws (claws in) and she spun around and aimed a blow to his head. He moved to one side and she nearly lost her balance. But she recovered quickly, attacking his side, tring to knock him over. He slithered underneath her like a snake, hooking a paw out from under her as if he were trying to hunt a fish like fishclan. She fell, but he caught her with his front paws so she didn't get hurt. Nobody was to get hurt in training. They also had to train with sheathed claws in training, too. Then they showed the clan the move, but Bluetail attacked first. Then they sent them to practice and checked on them. If they got mixed up or did something wrong, they would help. They were getting really good at this, and quick, too.