Chapter 4

Night ran over to the meeting spot. It would be a clan today! While she waited she looked at a small flat area that would be the den. She found bramble tendrils and started to make a den. She was almost finished when Pine padded toward her with Dusk. Blue was with White. Pepper and Shadow padded close by each other, careful not to fall behind. Night was alone. He ran to her when he saw her. "Sunny!" he called. "Night! I had a dream!" When everyone was there she explained her dream. "I did half the den, so it shouldn't be long before it's done." She added.

"Let's split up into dens for the  night. It's getting late. We should rest." Night said. He and Sunny went to the cave on the hill. That would be the leaders den. "Sunny..." Night began. "Yes?" He looked into her shining eyes again. He wasn't sure he could do this. "Well... We've been friends a long time now-" "Best friends actually" Sunny cut in. "Yes... And I really like you..." Sunny's eyes shone with affection. "Me too.... Will you be my mate?" Sunny sounded a lot more confident than him. "That was what I was going to ask you... Of course! " He was excited. She looked excited too. Suddenly, she froze. He jumped "What?" He panicked. "We can't be in the same den as each other now! You have to move out. Her meow was hardly more than a whisper. I don't want to be in here alone." He rubbed his muzzle against hers. "It will be okay". He calmed her. "I'm not leaving you know!" He let out a MROWW of laughter. "Okay, okay. You should get some rest. It's almost Midnight." She cautioned. "Hey! What about you? You need sleep too!" He joked. "Yes, I know, I know. I'm going to sleep too " She curled up Next to Night and let sleep overcome her.