A Little Sneak-Peek!!

(( Hi, hey, hello there!!! Since you guys have been so absolutely patient with me while I've been absent from writing for NaNoWriMo, I thought I'd just show you guys that it wasn't all for naught! If anybody deserves to see a little snippit of my 56,000 word novel, it's y'all!!!! 

Be aware that it's in its rawest of stages - I haven't even looked over it to edit it yet and I just kinda spilt it out without thinking, but I hope y'all like it. This might end up in a published novel one day! U never know. )) 

Elijah felt himself shudder. The walls were closing in. He had to leave. He had to go, and now. This was getting out of control, and Ryder was going to end up tricking him into doing something sinful. Elijah shakily pushed himself to his feet and made towards the door, and in a flash, Ryder was in front of him.

"Hey," he said, reaching out and putting his hands on Elijah's shoulders, "It's okay, Eli. It's alright. You have absolutely nothing to be afraid of, okay? I'm your friend, and I'm not going to force you to do anything you don't want to."

"Stop talking to me like a child!" Elijah snarled, wriggling out of his grip, "I hate you. You're trying to convert me to your ways. You're trying to make it impossible for me to ignore my thoughts, I know what you're up to."

"Eli!" Ryder grabbed him by the shoulders again, "Eli. Here. Let's make a deal, okay? Listen to me. I'll walk out of the room. I'll leave you here by yourself, okay? For exactly fifteen minutes. No tricks, no cheating. When I come back in, I'll have no idea whether or not you actually tried on the dress. So it doesn't matter if you do and it doesn't matter if you don't. I'll be none the wiser. And I promise I'll never bring it up again. Ever."

"What- What's the point in that? I'm just going to sit here and stare at the wall for fifteen minutes!" Elijah scoffed, "You get stupider and stupider the longer I know you."

"Well okay, then," Ryder smiled knowingly, "Then I guess you'll stare at the wall for fifteen minutes. I'm locking the door from outside," he held up his hand, jingling a bunch of keys. Elijah had no idea where they'd appeared from, "See you soon!"

Before Elijah could protest, Ryder had slipped through the door like a wet bar of soap, and he heard the doorknob click. Elijah banged his hands on it, "Ryder! This is kidnapping! What, are you just gonna stand out there the whole time and listen in?"

"Nope, I'm going downstairs to get some lunch. See you soon, Eli!" Ryder's voice got fainter as fainter as Elijah heard the floorboards creak under his footsteps.

He growled in frustration and turned around, leaning with his back against the door. This was stupid. This was stupid and insane, and it was all his own fault for thinking he could trust Ryder. Why the hell had he even come over here in the first place?!

His eyes fell on the dress across the room, still lying in a crumpled heap. How much would that have costed Ryder? The fabric looked new enough for Elijah to believe he bought it for him. He'd really go to that trouble for the sake of some kind of prank? This was ridiculous.

Maybe there was still a price tag on it. Elijah pushed himself off of the door and walked across to the other side of the room, crouching down beside the bundle of blue. He reached out and picked it up, searching at the neck of it for any kind of price.

There was no price, none at all. Ryder had bought it from Supre, though, Elijah could tell that much. Good. As long as he hadn't bought it from Forever 21, where Terrence would have most likely served him.

It was so plain. Elijah wondered why it was even on the market. He laid it out on the carpet and traced his fingers over the material. Maybe it was supposed to be going for that 'simple but elegant' kind of look. It was very pretty, and soft, too. That was probably why it was popular. It must have been nice to feel it against your skin, to watch the fabric twirl and shift as you moved, to have all of that freedom that pants didn't give you.