Hallowe'en.

((Y'all might notice I didn't put "AU" in that title and that is because this is so canon it hurts. This definitely happens this Hallowe'en in the Dead Setiverse (so far it might change depending on how fast things happen). Just it's still August there and I can't wait that long to put this in.

and I mean, y'all looked pretty pumped about this, too...

So here it is! ))

"Are you ready to go, honey?" Scott called out, staring at himself in the mirror. He leaned forward to examine his face and lifted the lipliner to his mouth again, adding a few extra details beneath his nose and along the top of his upper lip.

"Yeah," Vincent said from outside the bathroom, his voice muffled through the wooden door. "Are you finished with your costume, yet?" 

"Almost," Scott put the lipliner down and picked up the eyeshadow, "Just finishing off the makeup." With a few skilful strokes, Scott applied the eyeshadow and moved onto eyeliner. What could he say? He was a makeup professional. 

With a lopsided grin, he took a step back to look at his entire costume in the mirror. He was a black cat this year and, in all honesty? His costume slayed. He had white gloves on his hands that looked like slender cat paws, a shiny black shirt that was tight against his torso and shorts of the same material. He hadn't worn shorts this short.... well, ever, but they were the only ones that had a tail attached to them. His makeup was a mix of black and silver and he'd even gone to the trouble of putting semi-permanent dye in his hair to make it black. He'd gone all-out this year and it looked great.

A knock at the bathroom door, "Scott, hon? You ready?"

"I sure am," Scott's grin widened and he walked over to the door. Just as his hand hovered over the doorknob, he faltered. You know, he really hadn't ever worn shorts this short... not to mention the fact that he was wearing blatant makeup... was this a good idea? 

"Scott?" Vincent's voice came again, slightly concerned.

"Yeah, sorry, um..." Scott swallowed slightly, and breathed out. Well, the good thing about dating someone like Vincent was that he was at least honest. "Look, do me a favour..." and he grabbed the door, and opened it.

Scott closed his eyes, "Before you say anything, Vincent, just tell me the truth. I really just wanted to be a black cat, you know? Bad luck and all that. It's a classic Halloween costume, and you know I love cats and all. But please, don't let me go out there making a fool of myself in front of Kayla and Oliver. I've never worn makeup like this outside of the house before, and I know this costume is, well, a little tight, so I guess I'm just trying to say... Is this a bit much?" 

He opened his eyes again, to find Vincent staring wide-eyed at him, his shoulders slumped, looking completely blown away.

"Vincent?" Scott asked cautiously, looking at him, "Vincent, hello? Did you hear what I said?" 

Vincent's eyes slowly trailed downwards. He closed his gaping mouth and gulped, a pink blush crawling across his face as his gaze lowered.  

Scott blinked at him, "What are you, the silent killer or something? Are you going to answer my question or not?"

"Um..." Vincent opened his mouth and shut it again, nodding slightly as his eyes met Scott's, "Ears."

"Ears...? Oh!" Scott laughed, turning around and walking back into the bathroom. "You're totally right, I forgot all about them!" He grinned and leaned over, picking up the plastic/synthetic fur cat's ears he'd bought down at the dollar store. He slid the headband over his head, being careful not to mess up his makeup, and spun back around, "Well?" he asked, "What do you think?"

"I..." Vincent's lips tugged into a one-sided grin, "I think you look amazing."

"Really?" Scott absolutely beamed, "It's not too close-fitting? It looks cute? The makeup and everything?" 

"It looks adorable, and especially the makeup," Vincent nodded. "You look incredible." 

"Awww, sweetheart," Scott cooed, walking over to Vincent and wrapping his arms cautiously around his chest, turning his head  and resting his chin on Vincent's shoulder in a way that wouldn't wipe any of his makeup off. (He had some silver with black leopard rings down the side of his face). "I love you so much." 

Vincent smiled, turning his head just slightly so that he could nuzzle into Scott's neck. "I love you, too," he murmured, his hands roaming down the small of Scott's back and pulling him closer. 

Scott sighed, relaxing into the warmth and comfort which was his boyfriend's body. "It's been so long since we did this, hmm? Just... cuddling. Half of me wishes we could just curl up on the couch, even if just for a little bit." 

Vincent pulled Scott closer still, "Wanna text Oliver and tell him we'll be five minutes late?" his voice was tinged with the slightest hint of amusement.

Scott laughed, pulling away from the hug to lean in, pecking Vincent's lips quickly while pulling out his phone, "You know it." 

(( very bad ending im sorryyyyyyyyyyyyy hopefully a part 2 I under-delievered here I promise I'll make it u  p  t o  y o u  with trick or treating and oliver and kaylay))