twenty two [full chapter]

"can you tell me how it happened?"

eve's lips trembled before she opened her mouth to speak.

"i was just-- just hugging him. i remembered telling him about my mother. i was so happy that time, and then

seokjin came. we were walking together to our classroom, taehyung and-- and me. and seokjin just had to come. he couldn't have, no, he shouldn't have come.

"the next thing i know they were fighting. i-- i tried to stop them!" eve looked at me, her eyes wide in horror, as if i was going to accuse her of something she wasn't, "i got in their way. seokjin-- seokjin or i-- i don't know hit me in the process and i-- i--" she paused, sobbing as the tears trickled down her cheeks.

"taehyung was on top of him. he kept punching and punching and punching him. at that point i knew seokjin was going to die. and-- and," she looked me straight in the eye, "at that moment i wanted him dead. i did want him dead. i wanted him to die because of doing something so.. so unforgivable to me."

she hiccuped, brows furrowed. "then he stopped moving.  seokjin stopped moving."

silence took over the next few moments.

i slowly placed my hand above hers, which was laying on the table. she looked up at me tiredly.

"..i want to see taehyung."

that was the last thing i was expecting to hear from her.

-