Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Vincents POV

"Vincent, huh?" I heard the guy called Theadit ask me. I nodded my head to confirm his question.

"Thats a nice name" I heard Geneva say awkwardly.

I blush a little, confused at why he's being so awkward around me. I looked around the large bathroom trying to get rid of the flaming blush before anyone could possibly notice it.

"Take as long as you want." I heard Geneva say gently with a smile.

"I'll go look for a extra set of clothes for him." Theadit stated before he turned around and exited the room, heading down one of the long hallways and out of sight.

I watched as Geneva started backing out of the room, looking at me tensely before giving one more smile, turning, and closing the door behind him. I stood there for a second hearing the sound of retreating footsteps before slowly stripping down and setting the clothes aside, slowly stepping into the water. It must have been boiling as I quickly withdrew my foot with a sharp yelp, getting as far away from the bathtub as I could.

"Are you ok?" I heard Theadit's voice call through the door.

"I-its really hot!" I called back.

"I only made it a little warmer than lukewarm. It shouldn't be that hot." His confused tone told me that he was telling the truth.

I just shook my head no, glaring at the tub as if it was trying to kill me.

"Its really hot." I stated again, under my breath.

"It should be fine Vincent. If not I can come in and-"

"DONT COME IN!" I quickly cut him off, knowing full well that my voice was probably filled with panic. I just hate the fact that I'm completely naked in a strange house. It makes me feel vulnerable. Suddenly my shivers get worse and heavy coughs start to come.

"Okay, okay! I won't! At least get warmer though, otherwise your going to get phenomena."

"Screw phenomena" I muttered under my breath, approaching the tub again and looking down at the water that wasn't even steaming. I stood there for a good three seconds before sucking in my breath, biting my lower lip, and just dunking myself in completely; letting loose a stream of whimpers.

I heard voices outside the bathroom door, but I wasn't quite able to make out what anyone was saying so I just stayed in the water that burned against my skin. I stayed in the tub shivering, listening to the murmurs of speech on the other side of the door when suddenly the door was knocked on and Geneva's voice called through.

"Hey, I got towels and clothes for you. I'm going to set them in there for you, ok?" He spoke as if he was talking to frightened animal.

I panicked and thought of what to do as I heard the door starting to open. I quickly pulled on the shower curtains, making them cry out as they screech along the metal rod.

"CLOSE YOUR EYES!" I yelled quickly, hoping that I had moved fast enough and that he hadn't seen anything.

"I put them on the toilet ok? Take as long as you need to heat up." I heard Geneva retreating from the room again.

"W-wait...." I call out to him through the shower curtain.

"Yes?" He answered, his footsteps stopping.

"P-please don't leave.." I really didn't want to be alone in the house, it seemed abandoned when I was alone.

"You want me to stay in the bathroom? All I was going to do was see my friend off and them make something to eat."