"You shouldn't be acting like this," Damon said.

"Damon," Marni warned. She knew how Emma was when she was upset and drunk.

"Acting like what?" Emma asked. "Like I'm able to have fun? Why not? You have fun too, right Damon?"

"You're drunk," Damon said. "Let's get you home and we'll talk rationally in the morning."

"Well, there's a slight problem with that," Emma said. "I don't want to go home."

"Isn't the weather nice today?" Marni asked Jeremy. Jeremy raised an eyebrow.

"Well too bad," Damon said. He took hold of Emma's arm, and she ripped it out of his grasp.

"What's your problem?" she asked.

"My problem is that you're making a fool of yourself," Damon said.

"Oh really? Is that what I'm doing?" she asked incredulously. "You're as bad as Tyler."

"Don't compare me to that dog," Damon hissed. "You sure do bring him up a lot, seems as if you care for him deeply."

"Oh, so you're turning this around on me now?" Emma laughed.

"You're the one dancing on tables and making yourself look easy to get," Damon retorted.

Marni saw Emma's facial expression drop, and she knew it had pretty much been a verbal slap to the face. She also knew that Damon regretted saying that instantly, but before he could say something, Emma did.

"Screw you Damon," she said venomously. "Some supportive boyfriend you are. Knowing you, you'll go have a one night stand with some slut from the bar!" Then she laughed. "Oh wait, that's right, according to you, I'm the slut!"

She glared at him and stormed out of the Grill.

Damon went to follow her, Marni caught his arm.

"Don't," she said. "She's angry and hurt, she doesn't want to talk to you right now. I'll go. I'll call you later."

Damon reluctantly nodded.

Marni said goodbye to Jeremy who just stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

"Emma!" Marni called, catching up to the girl who was death glaring everything that she passed.

"What?" she asked bitterly.

"Um..." Marni said. She didn't really know what to say in these situations.

"You know what Marni?" she asked. "I hate men. They're all ignorant bastards. I'm turning lesbian.

Marni deliberately stepped away from her. Marni loved gay people, but she wasn't one.

"No, I'm not being literal," Emma said. "But life would be so much easier!"

Marni relaxed and stepped back.

"I just want to get away from all of the drama," she sighed.

Marni smirked, and idea forming in her head.

"I know just the thing," Marni said.

Emma raised an eyebrow.

"Chicago anyone?" Marni grinned.

After some convincing, Marni had talked Emma into coming to Chicago with her. They went back to the boarding house and packed clothes. All of which were Marni's, considering Emma felt free to use them as her own.