six

eliza brushed her untidy hair and brushed her teeth, slipping into some jeans and a loose white blouse.

it was 7:34 and she had to be at school in 30 minutes. her school was close by, so she didn't stress. peggy and angelica were both asleep and alexander left the night before. she had to finish the school year before she went to yale because this was was a community college. it was nothing fancy, and only her second year there.

she made a fine group of friends, including laurens, that's why she was at his house the night she met alexander.

she took out her dream journal, it was an assignment in astronomy class to make a dream journal and write down your dreams every month, and since alexander was holding her last night she had a good dream, so she could actually be truthful, she wrote down her nightmares, of course, but she decided to keep that between herself and the teacher.

last night i had a good dream. it was peaceful and quiet, it was me and my sister, peggy, we were just running around, laughing, and the sun was shining and everything felt right with the world, and when i woke up everything was good for once and a while.

she closed the journal and ran downstairs, stuffed the journal in her backpack, and took a banana, then ran out the door.

eliza finally got to school and ran to class. she took her books and everything she needed and went off to literature, she loved to write, but she wanted to be a teacher.

she finished up with literature and walked to mr. washington's class, history. she had a love hate relationship with history while alex absolutely loved it.

she walked in, sat her books down, when they began the first subject, she was paying attention and she felt her phone vibrate and she raised her hand.

"yes, eliza?" he asked surprised, she wasn't one to talk.

"may i be excused?" she asked and bit her lip.

"of course." he said and kind of half bowed.

she walked out and took out her phone.

eliza's phone
11:23
from: peggy (contact name: peg 💕)

peg 💕: hurry! angelica hurt herself, please!!

you: ill be right there! don't stress, love.

eliza ran back into the classroom, not caring if anyone was looking at her, she had tears running down her cheeks and mr. washington looked worried. he was her godfather, actually.

he speed walked over to her and took her arms and stroked her cheek, no one questioned it because they all knew he was her godfather.

"a-angelica was hurt." she said and sobbed, he hugged her tight and took his coat.

"everyone, read pages 45-67! ill have a substitute in here!" he yelled and dragged eliza out of the room.

"liza, darling what exactly happened?" he was close to the door but not close enough to see the kids eavesdropping on the conversation.

"p-peggy texted me and told me ang-angelica was hurt..." she sobbed.

"ok. did she tell you what happened?" he asked.

"n-no..." she said and sighed.

"okay, let's get you back home, you call alexander." he said and rubbed her back, she took her bag out of her locker and they left.

eliza ran inside with mr. washington.

"uncle george... what are you doing here...?" peggy said, her cheeks streaked with tears.